side airbag light???

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

dervpower
2.2 16v

side airbag light???

Post by dervpower »

a airbag light has lit up on my dash which looks to be a picture of a side air bag but i dont think my 99 lx hdi 90 is even equipped with tem tha car has a seperate air bag light that is not illuminated any ideas??
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Hehe......This was discussed by me on here ages ago :lol:

It's funny because it is reported that some people have this light come on (looks like a sausage next to someones head) and they didn't even realise they had side airbags. Yet the manual states that the side airbag light should come on with the ignition and then go off again (like the AIR BAG light does).

My car is a 99 and has 'Side Air Bag' stickers on both front seat bases, I have no Sausage light and no 'patch' on the seat to suggest they are side bags fitted.

Do your seats have any Patch on the sides at about shoulder height? Has your battery been disconnected or any excess movement occured of the seat itself?
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
dervpower
2.2 16v

Post by dervpower »

no there is no patches or anything to suggest that theres airbags on the seats no srs markings or anything when i had the car remapped the guy knocked it off but its since come back very strange!!!!
dervpower
2.2 16v

Post by dervpower »

if i was to disconnect the battery to check the underseat wiring would i need a radio code???
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

yup
dervpower
2.2 16v

Post by dervpower »

can the main stealers provide you with your radio code if you cross their palms with lots of silver
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

I think they can just reset it. I say just... It's probably a 30 second job that costs £100 or something daft