406 aircon not working

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Re: 406 aircon not working

Post by OdinEidolon »

pigboy306 wrote:Ok, got a new compressor, well one from the scrappy. I have connected the lead to the wiring loom and then connected up Peugeot Planet.
I went into BSI acutuator tests and selected Aircon Compressor test this indeed actuates the clutch.
However through the vent controls the compressor still wont kick in... any thoughts I have attached the parameter measurements.
Just for an info, what year/ engine is your 406? I don't have as many options in pp2000.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
pigboy306
1.8 16v

Post by pigboy306 »

you have to go through BSI options then into actuator tests. If you go into Test by ECU then into the BSI option at the top thats how i got there. When i went into Aircon Ecu test i didnt have that option.

Mine is a D9 W plate
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

pigboy306 wrote:you have to go through BSI options then into actuator tests. If you go into Test by ECU then into the BSI option at the top thats how i got there. When i went into Aircon Ecu test i didnt have that option.

Mine is a D9 W plate
So early pre-mux D9 like mine.
I'll have a look.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
splitpin
1.8 8v

Post by splitpin »

I'm having a similar problem with the Aircon on my D9 HDi 110 Exec Estate.
It has been in and out of the garage several times. There now appears to be 12V on the Compressor Feed when unplugged from compressor, but it wont cut the compressor in.
If I connect the compressor direct to a 12V supply the clutch works. Could it be the contacts in the relay in the BSI Oxidising and going High resistance through no use?
Can the relays be bought and changed easily?
Cheers,
Graham.
pigboy306
1.8 16v

Post by pigboy306 »

Have you tried the Actuator test with Peugeot planet?
I would imagine if this works the electrics and relays are fine it is probably to do with low pressure sensor. Any thoughts anyone else?
kumpa

Post by kumpa »

I have the same issue.

Ac fuse pops when compressor is connected but not when disconnected.

Did you ever find whats wrong?