Electric seat ecu wiring diagram

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

RobTurbo
2.0 16v

Electric seat ecu wiring diagram

Post by RobTurbo »

I have a post about my plans in the interior and styling section but thought this would be the section for this particular question.

Does anyone have, or have access to, a wiring diagram for the electric seat ecu?
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Electric seat ecu wiring diagram

Post by steve_earwig »

Do you mean the wiring that goes to it, or the wiring inside? If you want a wiring diagram I can upload one. As for inside it, I did find some stuff about how it works and how to test it but I can't imagine this being much use to you.

You may wish to look at this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17504&hilit=+seat+ecu

Edit: I'm trying to find the diagram for a saloon or estate but it's only showing me one bit at a time. The only one that shows everything is for a coupé, which is similar but has the extra lock switches & motors for tipping the seats forward:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Oops, looks like blotophucket didn't like how big it was :roll:

RobTurbo
2.0 16v

Post by RobTurbo »

That's exactly what I'm looking for thanks, any chance you could email me a high res version so I can see the wire numbers?

I've seen the way of bypassing the ecu, I was going to do that but fancy having a go at fooling the ecu into thinking everything is working properly so I can get the memory function working!
Last edited by RobTurbo on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

You got email :cheesy:

I'm guess that without the sensors in the mirrors the ecu decides there's a fault and stops doing it's thing. Maybe what you'll have to do is use resistors on the mirror sensor feeds to trick it into thinking they're there -but- as the feeds for the motors go through the ecu as well you might still end up with a paperweight :?

I suspect the ecu is fairly stupid so you might get an idea of what it's looking for by measuring the sensors on the seat motors.

RobTurbo
2.0 16v

Post by RobTurbo »

Got it, thanks 8)

First I'm going to go through all the spare wires and label them with the help of the diagram, then wire it up as I had it when I first put the seats in, just + and - to control the seat, then connect it up to the diagnostic plug and see if I can connect to it through pp2000 to see what problems it's finding, then try resistors to get rid of the faults.

If it works I'll make a note of all the connections I've made before I tidy it up and finish the install to post on here for anyone interested in doing the same.

Just need to wait for the new ecu to turn up, the one I have is toasted!
RobTurbo
2.0 16v

Post by RobTurbo »

Something seems to be wrong with the wiring on the seat, the new ecu came, before plugging it in I opened it to make sure it was all ok, then I plugged it in to the seat loom, still had the ecu out of the case, all seemed ok, moved one of the switches and one of the chips started to crackle, it was one of the ones that was burned out on the old ecu, so it looks like the stripped wires weren't the cause of the ecu toasting.

I'm going to give it one more try, with the sensor plug unplugged, so the only things connected are the motors, power, earth and switches, if it doesn't crackle there's something wrong with the sensors or wiring to them, if it does I'm chucking the lot in the bin and doing the rewire to work without the ecu!
fuvureju
1.8 16v

Post by fuvureju »

Steve

Are you able to email me a hi res copy of the wiring diagram of the drivers seat and ECU
Do you also have one for the Passenger side

I have tried to find it on service box and believe i went everywhere but have not found where it is linked...
i found a few wiring diagrams under repairs but not the ones i am looking for...where are they in Servicebox these days? There were no links under a single diagram tab

Thank you
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

These are full res, the program only blows them up.

The driver's seat without memory doesn't seem to show anything but it'll be the same as the passenger seat.

I don't know where the wiring diagrams even are on Service Box :supafrisk:
Attachments
Passenger seat wiring.jpg
Driver's seat wiring - without memory.jpg
Driver's seat wiring - memory.jpg

fuvureju
1.8 16v

Post by fuvureju »

Thank you for that
Sorry I forgot to state I am looking at the D8 version (saloon/estate)

are those diagrams D8 or D9? is there any difference?

Thanks
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

The ecu is the same, I don't have much in the way of D8 diagrams but the stuff in the actual seats should be the same.

Edit: I'm just looking at the driver's seat with mammary diagram and that's for a coupe, despite me selecting saloon off of the list :frown: Maybe I should pull up the semi-mux diagrams...

Incidentally mine went for it's MOT (or local equivalent) today, the tester was a tall guy so he moved the seat back, so when I drove it out I needed to move the seat forward again, only it was dead. So I fiddled about with the wires under the seat and it came back to life, and then <bong> airbag warning :roll: Arsebiscuits :(

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Note the seat with memory diagram completely fails to show the passenger seat (it's the same as the without though)
Attachments
Electric seat wiring - without memory SM.jpg
(43.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Driver's seat wiring - memory SM.jpg
(45.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet

fuvureju
1.8 16v

Post by fuvureju »

Thank you for that

I have a ECU and wiring supplied by an Ebayer that states it is already converted...
I am just looking to get my head around the wires etc to decide which i connect to and how i fuse them...
I am hoping that the wiring diagrams will give me some deeper understanding
I may be making a mountain out of a molehill but i like to progress cautiously...especially when it comes to wiggly amps!

Ill let you know how it goes
Thanks

D8 1.9DT 1996 Saloon
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Converted to what? A big box of dead weight?!