Centre consul display playing up

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Old Smokey
1.6 8v

Centre consul display playing up

Post by Old Smokey »

Hope you all had a good Christmas & certainly "did" over do it :P
Now i have another problem.Having just had my digital aircon readout fixed,
the centre consul display with radio frequency etc is not working.Ido hope it,s just a bulb.I,m told it can be prised out of position if your careful to replace the bulb.Well mine seems pretty well jammed although it seems to move a bit on one side.Any suggestions or is this going to turn out into another nightmare
of a job.Model D8 GLX.Anybody got any suggestions?

Cheers Ian :|
chili
2.0 16v

Post by chili »

either side of the display unit is a small bit of plastic fascia type cover prise this out and you will find a star bolt each side holding the display in place. i have had mine out and its quite easy to remove.
have you got bits of the digits etc missing ? if so then its not a bulb

as an after thiought my car is 406 d9 version i have radio cd at the bottom temp and aircon in middle and radio plus clock at the top of the centre console
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

You *can* remove the section by pulling the torx screws out of the sides, but on my D8 the cable to the multi-function display isn't long enough to allow you to remove the section without first removing the display.

Unfortunately the cable plug has a clip on it so you can't just pull the section out... However, there isn't anything really holding the display in - it's just wedged in there. My advice is to lever it from the sides (more from the left). The bulbs in it are both really easy to get to once the display's out.

Good luck.