angel eyes

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

daddykins2
1.8 16v

angel eyes

Post by daddykins2 »

anyone know if they do them for the 406. or any other like them
the truth is out there
djgoplay
1.6 8v

Post by djgoplay »

im looking for that lights long time, but i think are not posible to find one original.
but i want to know how much cost a normal headlight for the 406 and 406 coupe in UK. actually i live in chile and a manufacturer here make angel eyes with original lights.
i hope it can help.
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

There are no angel eye headlights for the 406.
It seems the 406 is the only model from the peugeot range not to have any either OEM or third party. Which is dissapointing.
People ask if the headlight of a 306 will fit a 406. Well although looking identical, they won't. The Indicator end of the 306 unit has a sharper angle on it than that of its older stablemate. So it won't fit into the wing panel. Also, I think the location of the connections for bolting the unit onto the car are different too.

I have seen someone convert the front of their D8 into that of a D9, to gain the D9s distinctive clear headlights. For that you need a new slam panel, front wings, bonnet and bumper, and of course the headlights. It is possible though and if you find a scrapped D9 with rear end damage, can be cheap enough. Even cheaper if the colour matches close enough to allow a paint shop to blend the paintwork on the front doors only.

As for how much a new headlight costs, well, I'm not sure but I have heard they can be upwards of £150 from a Peugeot Dealer for ONE. and thats without bulbs.