can anyone help with diagnostic on old 406?

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

duke
1.8 8v

Re: can anyone help with diagnostic on old 406?

Post by duke »

steve_earwig wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:29 pm Congratulations! 8) I didn't see your post Sunday (the board does that sometimes :roll: ). Can't believe you can't find a D8 in a breaker's somewhere to pinch the cradle out of. Is there enough left to have it patched?

I've no experience of 406 drum brake adjusters (drums in disks have a manual jobbie) but my experience of them on other cars is either they work perfectly or they're junk. And you can stop them working by greasing them :roll:
you dont want to experience them honest there a right pain in the arse! well as a reward for passing the old pug got a gearbox oil change and i also changed the tensioner for the serpentine belt and all the noises that should not be there are gone and engine sounds sweet as for a 21 year old thats gone nearly twice round the clock and revs at 60mph on the flat are 500rpm lower than previously so the tensioner must have been siezing partialy and likely would have done damage soon so timing was lucky!
i have never loved the pug tbh and still pine for my lost diahatsu 4 track but in the 7 years ive owned this car its been reliable and my respect has grown,peace