Engine Immobiliser Fault

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

kosala

Engine Immobiliser Fault

Post by kosala »

Dear team, My car is 406 D9 with 1.8 petrol engine. very recently i had a problem with water fan and replaced it. after two days time i got the massage " Engine immobiliser failure" and still the car cannot start. I am helpless as there is no certified Peugeot service centre nearby. Can you please advise me about this failure? is it a common issue with 406 and can fix easily or something serious???
frog
2.0 Turbo

Re: Engine Immobiliser Fault

Post by frog »

It is probably an electrical failure. Check all fuses first: unplug, check and plug back after spraying some electrical contact cleaner. In a similar way, check also the ground points: all places where a wire is connected to the car chassis. The ground points often rust resulting in poor connectivity, which result in many electrical problems. Check for ingress water in the footwell, the resulting oxidation of the electrical connectors there can give many types of problems.
Current "fleet":
2003 406 Estate 2.0HDi 110 - 7 seater - just hit 690.000 kms :cheesy:
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.6i 8v 100

Previously owned:
2000 406 Sedan 2.0 HDi 90
2000 406 Coupé 2.0i 16v 138 - Riviera Blue

PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Netherlands.
kosala

Re: Engine Immobiliser Fault

Post by kosala »

Thanks for the valuable information, i am gonna check all these and hope the car will start..will keep you posted. thanks