Remote locking/key programming problem

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

itsmeveee

Remote locking/key programming problem

Post by itsmeveee »

Hi all ,

The remote locking on my 2000 406 estate has never worked since I've bought the car , I did get a remote with the car which I believe is the original one.

I've started by trying to re-sync with the key in ignition pressing the buttons etc with no luck.
I've then moved onto programming the remote with PP2000 - got the 4 digit code to do this.
Everything went fine got message saying the programming is complete , to my surprise - remote still doesn't work. :(

I've then checked BSI settings in PP2000 - Found a fault - Key not learned. :x

Tried a BSI reset and programmed the remote again - no luck.

Has anyone got any ideas what may be the problem ?

Thanks in advance.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: Remote locking/key programming problem

Post by Doggy »

No good reason why this should work but you could try 'learning' a second key and just operate the first one twice....

They do some odd things, on my previous car I mislaid the spare remote, removed the car battery & lost sync with the remaining remote. Got the PIN code and reprogrammed it with P2k and got it working again, (all logical so far).
Some years later I found the spare remote and it worked as well. Go figure.
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Re: Remote locking/key programming problem

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

I'm afraid it Sounds like the remote that came with the car isn't the original one.

I lost mine, brought a replacement of ebay, the seller stating that it could be reconfigured.

Well it can't, new transponder fitted, key blade cut, can open car with key in lock & start BUT
When I try to sync it I keep getting key not learnt message :( .

Apparently it's to do with the security system in the bsi so that 'other keys' can't be programmed to open the car.
If you buy a new replacement key from Peugeot ( it's a virgin P.C.B) so the bsi will learn it.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol: