fan motor resistor, compressor, blower motor resistor, thermostat

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

NinoB
2.2 16v

fan motor resistor, compressor, blower motor resistor, thermostat

Post by NinoB »

hi guys

my AC compressor never recycle automatically ..when i turn the compressor on it works continuously until I off it manually from the switch... My cooling front grill fan motor NEVER runs high and low and the cooling is too slow and it will take time, its always run low which i dunno if the fan motor resistors are the problem..

i have change the thermostat .. still no solution
i have change the fan white resistor.. still no solution

still compressor works forever without recycling
still high spend fan never runs on higher temperatures

any solution n suggestion?
Attachments
pic3.jpg
can this be the problem why my fan never runs high for high temperatures cooling?
(27.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
pic2.jpg
can this be the problem of my compressor
(47.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
pic1.jpg
can this be the problem?
(30.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: fan motor resistor, compressor, blower motor resistor, thermostat

Post by PeterN »

My aircon does the same, runs cold until you turn it off, I didn't know it was supposed to do otherwise. Regarding you cooling fans, is the engine getting hot enough to initiate both fans on full?

Peter
NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

PeterN wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:51 am My aircon does the same, runs cold until you turn it off, I didn't know it was supposed to do otherwise. Regarding you cooling fans, is the engine getting hot enough to initiate both fans on full?

Peter
it suppose to be recycling automatically, the compressor should be turning on and off for few seconds, before mine will turn on for 30 seconds then turn off..then the cycles continuously.. but unfortunately it not working now, if i turn it on it keeps been on forever until i off it manually
regarding the fan, it never works high on full, only works on low speed no matter how hot the engine is on load with air condition still same speed or with air condition, it triggers when it reach 90 degrees(mine is single fan)
NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

Any idea guys?