Remapped/unlocked ECU

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

okehdokeh
1.8 16v

Remapped/unlocked ECU

Post by okehdokeh »

My recent trial of losing the key code and immobiliser fault sent me in the direction of looking for an unlocked ECU so I wouldn't get caught out again although a bloody great "WAIT TEN MINUTES" sticker on the battery lid may help :lol:

I ordered an unlocked, stage1 with EGR deleted ECU from a well known company that deals with HDI's, I gave them my ECU code and they came back to me with sorry we don't have one of yours in stock (0281011338 ED15C2 93) but asked me to open my ECU and photograph the main board to see if they could help which they said they could. Great I thought and sent the payment over and first thing Monday it was on the doorstep, bloody good service! Anyway on fitting the new ECU it threw up the ESP/ASR disabled warning which was a bit worrying plus an MOT failure I believe.

I'm not sure what ECU they have sent me but is it possible that the re-coded ECU they used could have come from a car that did not have ESP?

The way it's going with the guys I purchased the ECU from is "oh well you just need to get someone with planet to read your old ECU and put that data on the one we have sent you".

To me this sounds like dodgy ground to be on as if something goes wrong I will not be able to return the new ECU as it's effectively been tampered with by me.
Now I know my 0281011338 ED15C2 93 ECU is coded for ESP/ASR but would all EDC152 ECU's be coded for it? I am wanting to not lose my sh*t with the company who supplied the new ECU so looking for knowledge from forum members who could shed some light, there is a Peugeot dealer in the next town and plan to stop in tomorrow to ask the same but they may not be interested I guess.

Thanks,

Paul
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Re: Remapped/unlocked ECU

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Hi,

I have sent you a PM about this,
Basically the ECU can have ESP / ASR on or off depending on the vehicle it's fitted to.
It's just a case of selecting on / off for the ESP / ASR in the ECU's configuration (this is done using pp2000)

It doesn't affect anything to do with the ECU, you have not 'tampered with it' so any warranty is NOT void.

Kind regards

DDD. :D
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
okehdokeh
1.8 16v

Re: Remapped/unlocked ECU

Post by okehdokeh »

dirtydirtydiesel wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:09 pm Hi,

I have sent you a PM about this,
Basically the ECU can have ESP / ASR on or off depending on the vehicle it's fitted to.
It's just a case of selecting on / off for the ESP / ASR in the ECU's configuration (this is done using pp2000)

It doesn't affect anything to do with the ECU, you have not 'tampered with it' so any warranty is NOT void.

Kind regards

DDD. :D
Thanks DDD, that's really appreciated.