Airbag defective error on dash and audio aerial input.

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Killerko
1.8 16v

Airbag defective error on dash and audio aerial input.

Post by Killerko »

As my quest to clear pp2k of all the errors is nearing completion, I still have these 2 to tackle:
The airbag one was kinda intermittent before but now it's 100% there... accompanied with airbag defective message on display when ignition is turned on.

I have never dealt with any airbag issue before, will I have to replace the whole thing or is there any chance something else is just loose?

And one more error that I have is the audio aerial input.
When I bought the car it was missing the aerial tip in the back and traffic alerts were not working.
But I have replaced the missing tip and traffic alerts now work, yet when I delete the error it will come right back.

GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: Airbag defective error on dash and audio aerial input.

Post by GingerMagic »

I think the airbag warning is the key switch by the handbrake - these get dirty, dusty, covered in fizzy drinks over the years and can affect the wiring.

Have a look at this switch, use contact cleaner and turn is on and off a few times - it might sort itself out.

If it's not this switch then it could also be the common issues of the wiring under the passenger front seat ( for the pre-tensioner, or the side airbag ) this has been documented here several times - you'll have to use the search function above as I'm off to bed :cheesy:

It's not the drivers airbag as these are trigger 1 and trigger 2 in PP2K.

Sorry, I can't help you regarding the aerial.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
Killerko
1.8 16v

Post by Killerko »

Well, I moved the passenger seat up and down.. forward and backward, turned the airbag off and on and hey, the error is gone from dash :lol:
Haven't checked with pp2k but I think this one was really simple... will check the cables properly when I get some time, I suspect it's the passenger seat.

Aerial input is the last error remaining.. but it could easily be ignored as the radio is working as expected.
frog
2.0 Turbo

Post by frog »

I've always had the audio aerial input fault (since the first time I connected PP2000). Radio has always worked fine, so I'm ignoring it.

I also had the airbag faults, they are always related to a bad connection (a brown connector plug iirc, under the seats). It is a flimsy plug that wiggles and wobbles and does not give a very stable connection.
Current "fleet":
2003 406 Estate 2.0HDi 110 - 7 seater - just hit 690.000 kms :cheesy:
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.6i 8v 100

Previously owned:
2000 406 Sedan 2.0 HDi 90
2000 406 Coupé 2.0i 16v 138 - Riviera Blue

PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Netherlands.