D9 trip computer

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
2.0 Turbo

D9 trip computer

Post by Eric »

Decided to put the post up here in case it was lost in the other thread I made and this forum is more on top ic.
Sorry for double posting :oops:

I'm 99.9% sure I have a D9.

I was wondering about the trip computer (I would really like one as it might help to control my right foot a little more :cheesy: )

Do all D9's have a trip computer?
If so how do you operate it.
TooT
3.0 24v

Post by TooT »

Ive read your other post and you have a D9. If its like mine there is a button on the end of the wiper stalk which selects the trip fuctions on the display.
2006 207 GT THP 150
Eric
2.0 Turbo

Post by Eric »

TooT wrote:Ive read your other post and you have a D9. If its like mine there is a button on the end of the wiper stalk which selects the trip fuctions on the display.
Ok thanks mate.
I'll check on Sunday when I go to pick the car up.
If I haven't then shucks, but so be it.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I'm sure the GLX has the trip computer and it does indeed operate from the wiper stalk. As does the stereo functions with the little stalk below it.

You might even have auto wipers which are cool. I found loads of stuff I didn't know about after I collected my car (mind you I am a snob and have the 'executive model') :P
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
philmeboots
1.8 8v

Post by philmeboots »

Yeah, push the little button on the end of the wiper stalk - I only use the MPG economy display on mine the rest seem a bit pointless as they just tell you have far you've got left in the tank etc... I like to get 999.99mpg to be displayed when I dont touch the accelerator pedal when going downhill :cheesy:

On a side note, its also quite funny setting eveything to display in Italian :lol: (especially when its your mates car! :mrgreen: )
Eric
2.0 Turbo

Post by Eric »

Welton wrote:I'm sure the GLX has the trip computer and it does indeed operate from the wiper stalk. As does the stereo functions with the little stalk below it.

You might even have auto wipers which are cool. I found loads of stuff I didn't know about after I collected my car (mind you I am a snob and have the 'executive model') :P
I did see "Auto" written on the stalk for the wipers so there's hope for a trip computer yet ;)

Mind you I must be a snob too, my 306 has auto wipers :P
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Well Eric, I shall out-snob you with me folding Mirraz :P

I tend to display the Average MPG and switch between 'Miles left' also. The instant MPG is too scary to watch when accelerating, even for a HDi :shock:

The one thing I hate about the Average MPG display is that it takes sooooo long to recalculate. If I go on the motorway I tend to reset it just for that days driving, otherwise it will just creep up in 0.5 MPG's every 20 mins or so :frown:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Eric
2.0 Turbo

Post by Eric »

Welton wrote:Well Eric, I shall out-snob you with me folding Mirraz :P

I tend to display the Average MPG and switch between 'Miles left' also. The instant MPG is too scary to watch when accelerating, even for a HDi :shock:

The one thing I hate about the Average MPG display is that it takes sooooo long to recalculate. If I go on the motorway I tend to reset it just for that days driving, otherwise it will just creep up in 0.5 MPG's every 20 mins or so :frown:
Yes used to do the same when I had a Scorpio.
Miles left was always a random number but the instant MPG was pretty handy.
Again with a 3.0 V6 I didn't spend too long looking at the mpg whilst putting my foot down.
Most of my other cars if you have to think about MPG then you are in the wrong car :P

I hope I have got a trip computer - It might help me control my lead foot a little!

On and my MR2 had folding mirrors so neh back! :P
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

My wife goes nuts after i drive the 206cc, I always put it on the average mpg, whereas the date seems to be more important to her.....

As for mine, if I put it on live mgp, I've end up freewheeling in neutral everywhere and trying to avoid going up hills!!
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
philmeboots
1.8 8v

Post by philmeboots »

:lol: glad I'm not the only one!

How do you reset the average mpg display then - i've never really used it for those exact reasons that it never seems to change - I always sem to see 28mpg on mine! :?:
Eric
2.0 Turbo

Post by Eric »

philmeboots wrote::lol: glad I'm not the only one!

How do you reset the average mpg display then - i've never really used it for those exact reasons that it never seems to change - I always sem to see 28mpg on mine! :?:
Have you tried holding in the button for a few seconds?
That's how it worked on my Scorpio.