TDC/ Crank Position sensor

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

danbloke2000

TDC/ Crank Position sensor

Post by danbloke2000 »

Hi, I have spent some time wondering t'internet to find where to buy parts. I have also had a good look through the various posts....no real luck.

i am after a TDC/ crank position sensor. There seems to be a few names or it. where do you buy your parts from?
thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I like to tinker with my brand new, R reg (ok so it is new to me) 406and am often after parts. would be good to know a web site if there is one to be recommended.

Many thanks,Dan
cars are a bit like marmite!
mjb
Site Admin

Re: TDC/ Crank Position sensor

Post by mjb »

The 2 best places to get parts are eurocarparts.com or gsfcarparts.com, alternatively for more common stuff (the sort of stuff you'd find in halfords) you can pick up your local yellow pages (or hit yell.com) and look up motor factors.

The source of last resort is the dealers, although some parts can be surprisingly cheap (none of the above can beat the dealer's price on a D9 clutch slave cylinder)
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang