Hi there keys

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Edjames

Hi there keys

Post by Edjames »

i jst lost my key with the fob on it had two buttons its a 2000 car hdi erm i have a key that works with no fob i dont want to get ripped by main stealer what are my opitions if i buy a blank ???? or can anyone supply me a key with fob i assume i can programe it myslef not sure about the chip in it any help would be great im sure i will find the key around the house in a few days nut it wont hurt to get another.
Edjames

Re: Hi there keys

Post by Edjames »

help ???
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

you can get a key programed from a few places but it wont have the button on to unlock,if you want that its a main dealer job as far as i know
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Edjames wrote:help ???
Don't be so impatient. This isn't PSA technical support and we're not paid to be here 24/7.

You can get a replacement fob from ebay and put your blade into it, but it won't open your doors and if you've got an immobiliser it won't start the car either. The only real option is to hand over in excess of £100 to a dealer for a new key. You'll need your VIN and proof of ownership with you. Alternatively you could go to a breakers yard and remove the ECU, BSI, door locks, boot lock and ignition barrel from a similar model car.
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
bosshogg
1.6 8v

Post by bosshogg »

hi bosshogg here 8) 8) 8)

right i got 2 keys with my car 1 worked ok. the other would only turn the car over and it would not start.the previose
owner told me the key needed coding,which i didnt have.the peugeot main dealer where i live said they would need the
car and key.when they checked the key it was for a 206 not a 406,so they got the code and i had to have a new blip in the
key they also had one they could code for me,so i got them to do it.

right to get code and blip and code the new key they charged me £84.00 pound including vat .
so have now got 2 keys that work the car perfect, and also the code for the
remote alarm. :?

so the price for a main dealer i thought was quite good. the dealer was taylors peugeot of boardsides boston lincolnshire.
oh forgot to say had to take log book with me for proof of ownership.
chasmate10

Post by chasmate10 »

just had indicator unit replaced at local garage.they had to disconnect battery,put every thing back together and connected battery .engine no start immobiser not recognising chip in key. after garage obtained key code and managed to get computerman to sort it out .[£20 for code] this is now 5 days later.total bill £345 :cry: :cry: :cry: 406 hdi 03 reg.