Indicator and Light Stalk

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

csd1_uk
1.8 8v

Indicator and Light Stalk

Post by csd1_uk »

Hey,

i remember mentioning this many eons ago when i was on this site all day everyday...been a busy bee since writing a dissertation!!!

Anyways, i am looking for the left stalk for a D8 406 (i.e. the indicator and light stalk)

this is related to my problem in the other post regarding smoke!!! :P

Someone had one on offer back then so if anyone has a spare, or wishes to take one off there car to sell :D i would be more than grateful.
Due to Recent Cutbacks, The Light at The End of The Tunnel Has Been Switched Off!
csd1_uk
1.8 8v

Post by csd1_uk »

okay no worries guys i was impatient and went ad searched for one from a scrappy. managed to pick one up for ?15, which wasnt too bad, i thought. also managed to get a better jack as mine had seized for ?5.

Just a thought though the new stalk has fog light switch as well and i dont have fog lights, did peugeot change the wiring loom for diff models or just change the stalk, i was just wondering as to how easy it would be fit front fogs?
Due to Recent Cutbacks, The Light at The End of The Tunnel Has Been Switched Off!
Alanos

Post by Alanos »

Hi,

Did you ever get this fixed? Was it the stalk that was the problem? I have exactly the same problem and Its driving me nuts.

Thanks

Alanos
Alanos

Post by Alanos »

Hi,

The problem I have is that the indicators work perfectly but the clicking noise continues ro randomley go off when it feels like it. sometimes fast sometimes normal but it happens regular. If I touch the stalk very slightly I can make it happen.