Radio codes

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

mozartprodigy
1.6 8v

Radio codes

Post by mozartprodigy »

Hello all,

I recently found a stereo for my car but needed the code. Robins & Day wanted £35 for it and I thought 'sod that'. I hope this is fresh news for all but I stumbled across www.radio-code.co.uk as a means of getting the radio code for a more respectable £8.99 all in! Hope this saves someone some money one day! :)

Regards,

Gary
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: Radio codes

Post by FarmerPug »

is your car a D8 or D9, anyhow it wont work because the radios VIN coded someone may explain it better but essentially the radio is coded to the cars brain BSI which means you dont enter a code its needs reprogrammed so that the radio will work with the car. The price of £35 is roughly about what it costs, i paid £30 to get mine done and it took the people all day to do it, and they needed my cars vin number in order to do it.
mozartprodigy
1.6 8v

Post by mozartprodigy »

Mine is a D8 - It worked because my speakers now have music coming from them!
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

ah right, put the car details in the signature. But as for the radio im not sure if the d8 ones were coded in the same way but if they are vin coded £30 is about the price you pay. Is there any D8 owners out there with a radio to offer some help here?