CD Auto changer

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

GTXJez
2.0 16v

Re: CD Auto changer

Post by GTXJez »

Hi guys
According to my GTX owners Annual and Workshop Book, the JBL Amp is on the RIGHT Hand side of the boot, opposite to the CD Changer?
Up above the Wheel Arch, although I have never looked for mine? the Coupe maybe different.
Returned from the dark side and back to a 406
2.0 16v GTX HPi Saloon - China Blue Pearlescent 106k - One Owner from New - Full dealer History
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

The JBL amp is the nondescript black ridged box with the blue label on the top of it, right above the Clarion CD changer cartridge.

The sat-nav CD-ROM is behind a similar flap on the opposite side of the boot.

No idea if this layout is the same as on the saloon, as my old saloon didn't have a CD changer, a JBL amp, or a sat-nav!
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

hi, thank you for the pictures, well if its on mine in that location then i don't have it ... i'll try to remove the CD changer and see underneath ... i don't have the SAT NAV cables too.. it's on the opossite side ... and the holes is there for the cables, but there is no cables .. i'll check autodata if it shows something up for the amp ..

I just confirmed on autodata for the LHD and the Amp is on the right side on the boot close to the sat nav ... well... i don't have it :(

edit: Well in the coupe says that the amp is on the right too ... strange enough is that your is RHD and both things is on the same side ...
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol: