CD Auto changer

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

IanHur

CD Auto changer

Post by IanHur »

Hi all, I am new to this site and I have just purchased a 98 406 1.9 TD GLX. Do you know if the car came as standard with a CD Auto changer in the boot has the the car I have dose not seem to have one.
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Re: CD Auto changer

Post by Gary406 »

hi welcome to the forum.

i dont think glx would have had cd changer fitted.

only executive models 8)
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

IanHur wrote:Hi all, I am new to this site and I have just purchased a 98 406 1.9 TD GLX. Do you know if the car came as standard with a CD Auto changer in the boot has the the car I have dose not seem to have one.
have a look see if there is a plug in the left hand side of the boot,
if the plug is there you can most probably add a changer failing that you will need the lead from a scrap/donor car,
IanHur

Post by IanHur »

Thanks guy, will have to do something miss the old C D's.
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

Gary406 wrote:hi welcome to the forum.

only executive models 8)
GTX had them
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
GTXJez
2.0 16v

Post by GTXJez »

when :cheesy: it works!!
Returned from the dark side and back to a 406
2.0 16v GTX HPi Saloon - China Blue Pearlescent 106k - One Owner from New - Full dealer History
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

plod wrote:
Gary406 wrote:hi welcome to the forum.

only executive models 8)
GTX had them
mines not GTX, and i do have the CD changer in the boot and sunroof .. and in about a week or so cruise control too hihihi, i guess the wires is there because they made this model based on the GTX ( because i think all GTX have sunroof) , and then the client would select what he wanted ... OR the client requested this car to have this and that, then they just worked on a GTX model and changed little stuff like the wiper stalk not having trip computer and disabled it on BSI etc.. This is why my friend's estate that is 3 months younger doesn't have the extra wiring, because his model doesn't have the CD changer and doesn't have sunroof .. Instead he's had a CD player headunit , ashwood on door cards, trip computer from serie, and the door sill protector saying peugeot, mine misse's all this, but then again i added trip computer, and will do cruise control .. basically mine is better then he's ..

By the way, where is the JBL Amp located ? i searched on the right of the boot, but couldn't find it, or it is hidden somewhere else, i do found was a ruber with 3 round things ( that looked like it was supposed to pass wires through it ) maybe for the SAT NAV thing ?
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

RayneR wrote:
By the way, where is the JBL Amp located ? i searched on the right of the boot, but couldn't find it, or it is hidden somewhere else, i do found was a ruber with 3 round things ( that looked like it was supposed to pass wires through it ) maybe for the SAT NAV thing ?
I believe the amp is next to the changer, the other side is for the sat nav
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

plod wrote:
RayneR wrote:
I believe the amp is next to the changer, the other side is for the sat nav
I didn't saw any amp next to the changer ...
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

It's further inside the left-side compartment than the CD changer cartridge is. If it's there, you'll just see a black box - it looks like this:

The picture shows the top of the amp - on the bottom, there are two connectors - one will be the outputs to the speakers, and the other will be the input from the HU and the power supply.

Hope this helps.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

Hi highlander, so, i'll need to remove the cd changer, then the amp is underneath it ? because from what i could see, there is no space for it even behind the cd changer or even in the sides of it ..

In my cars manual says that my car is equipped with the JBL's amp although my speakers are harmen .. i supose that i do have the amp because the sound is great even loud ...i'll have to check it better ..
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

I will take a photo tomorrow showing the position of the amp in relation to the CD changer - note that this will be in the Coupe; not sure whether this is different from the JBL-equipped saloons/estates as I've had neither of these.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

Hi, i would be appreciated for that, thank you.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

where's the pic ? :oops: :cry:
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Oh bugger. Sorry! :oops: Will try and remember tomorrow morning :cheesy: