Auto volume, ?

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: Auto volume, ?

Post by FarmerPug »

Nope I mean the big man luchiano pavorotti singing nessun dorma and solo mio. The best test for a sound system
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

FarmerPug wrote:Nope I mean the big man luchiano pavorotti singing nessun dorma and solo mio. The best test for a sound system
ah rite
im not in to opera so iwouidnt know,
the only opera type stuff ive listend too was done with Nena cherry iforget his name,
other than that im into rock sort of stuff like Stained /metalica

ifind some 80s deep dish stuff is good for testing speakers,
all this modern stuff theyre pumpin out on the radio like Jls etc is a good reason to start taking anti depressant tablets
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Dream Theater's "Scenes From a Memory" album

Combines the idea of music that tells a story (like opera does) with some face-melting guitar and gut-busting drums. The music is brilliant. Buy a copy. Sit in a big comfy chair (or in your car with the engine off), with no other distractions. Listen to the lyrics (or if you're one of those people who can't listen to lyrics as they're being sung, read them off the little booklet you get with the CD).

Oh yeah, and it's a good test for your car speaker system too.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Billie jean is a good test
ribz
1.6 8v

Post by ribz »

dunno about the auto volume mine has never worked either but in relation to the question f getting a jbl amp working with aftermarket or non matched headunit.
i would hazard a guess that it is ohm and voltage matched to a specific headunit. (the vx omega elite i had was like this. (bose) ran 2ohms instead of 4. I think the jbl will be same idea)

It could be that the headunit being used is wrong ohm (line level) or voltage (pre-amp) output to the amp and therefore the amp is not doing the job properly.

might be worth checking these and seeing if there is any way of amending them with resistors etc.

just a thought.

let me know how it goes.

8)
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

For the autovolume work, you guys have to programme it with the peugeot planet .. i couldn't do it on my because the display needs to be programmed too .. and thats where the clone interface fails at my garage .. it just says programming defective .. but in radio it just programmed ok ..

1º - programme in the radio

2º - close PP

3º - remove the key from ignition

4º - wait about 2 or 3 minutes until you hear a clicking sound froma relay, meaning the BSI as gone to sleep.

5º Connect again everything.

6º Go to visual indications and there programme the display " auto volume function " to enable ..

7º Do the sleep of the BSI again and now you should have auto volume ..
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol: