CD PLAYER

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

phil832
1.6 8v

CD PLAYER

Post by phil832 »

Hi All,

I'm looking to replace the standard fitment peugeot radio cassette player, with a peugeot cd player. (Single cd or Autochanger)
Please can anyone advise the model no, so i can get one from ebay, or anyone wanting to sell one on here, that would be great!!.
My car is 1996 1.9 TD L

Many thanks :D

Phil.
lozz
3.0 24v

Re: CD PLAYER

Post by lozz »

fit a aftermarket radio mate, Mp3s are the way, less discs to have inthe car :wink:
GTXJez
2.0 16v

Re: CD PLAYER

Post by GTXJez »

I considered an after-market - but I like the remote controls and Multifunction display so decided to stick with the standard fitment. (I have a CD Changer 'that doesn't work' and a Cassette !)
Also with a JBL Amp to sound quality is good, although these were only fitted to D9's (although I stand corrected :|) From what I was able to find out, D9 with JBL can be tricky unless you disable it (but check it out on the site, the guy's have a wealth of knowledge are are very helpful!)
If you want to use the MFD and Remotes you will need a Head Unit that supports 'Sub Display Out' (for the MFD) and Remote 'Connection' (usually via a 3.5mm Jack Plug), but this means a more expensive Unit?

I looked at a Pioneer at about 140 New (£50 on Ebay) with Autoleads adaptor (£12-18) there are more sophisticated options but they can run to over £100.

D8 is more straight forward, I put a Sony in my old D8 Estate which was pre-JBL Amp, worked very well with good sound quality.

For D9's the CD Only Head Unit was a RD2 and you can pick them up on Ebay for about £30-£50 - but it will need re-coding.... hope it helps :D
Returned from the dark side and back to a 406
2.0 16v GTX HPi Saloon - China Blue Pearlescent 106k - One Owner from New - Full dealer History
Neilspencer
1.6 8v

Re: CD PLAYER fixit

Post by Neilspencer »

Giday

If your CD player has the usual split the dummy problem with CDs then have a look at Mastiffs fixit in the Knowledge Base. I followed his instructions & it worked a treat! Instead of using your Man v Wild aftershave or your missus Channel No5 try a couple of alcohol swabs, obtainable from the local Chemist at £90 for 5000 or if they are in a happy mood, 1p each including trade discount; I used 2.

Thanks Mastiff for you photo & advice; I note that Lofty used the same technique on this car (I bought it from him) & it worked for about a year.