Can anyone help?

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

Blue2
1.8 8v

Can anyone help?

Post by Blue2 »

I have installed an original Clarion Radio/Cd player into my 52 plate 406, I have been told it needs coding to my BSI. Is there anyone in the local area of Exeter,Devon that could do this for me, I'm willing to pay. Thanks for reading this.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: Can anyone help?

Post by FarmerPug »

if it helps, i think you can actually send the radio to anyone with a pp2000 and if they plug it into their car it can reprogram it to suit your vin number.
Although being over here in n ireland i cant advise posting it to me i wouldnt trust the postage.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

FarmerPug wrote:if it helps, i think you can actually send the radio to anyone with a pp2000 and if they plug it into their car it can reprogram it to suit your vin number.
Although being over here in n ireland i cant advise posting it to me i wouldnt trust the postage.
That's correct, as the radio holds the VIN number even disconnected...
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
Blue2
1.8 8v

Post by Blue2 »

Thank you both for your advice, I'm actully thinking of buying a PP2000 Lexia myself, it might be worth it in the long run. If I manage to get one and work out how to use it I'll let you all know, cheers.