remote stalk

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

omega
3.0 24v

remote stalk

Post by omega »

not wanting to hijack someone elses thread i thought id ask my question here.
been reading about fitting a aftermarket stereo and still useing the stalk and apartenley this can be done you just need a special lead,but you lose the display so..........
if you removed the stalk from the 406 and then fitted it to say a corsa then bought the lead and pluged it in would you get a working remote for your radio?

this might be a daft question as my electric knowledge is very basic but if you dont ask you dont find out.
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Re: remote stalk

Post by waue1978 »

Bloody good point & I'm surprised this is the first time I've seen it. The wires from the stalk on my 406 go only to the stereo, so there is absolutely no reason why the stalk couldn't be fitted to another car.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Edit: Gah! Beaten to it by Mr W :P Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a remote made by the same company as the radio or doesn't it work like that?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

steve_earwig wrote:Edit: Gah! Beaten to it by Mr W :P Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a remote made by the same company as the radio or doesn't it work like that?
I think, Nigel has more than the odd stereo knocking around from the breakers he's had, and is looking at putting one into his misses Corsa and have the radio stalk function working on it
my guess anyway :lol:
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

plod wrote:
steve_earwig wrote:Edit: Gah! Beaten to it by Mr W :P Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a remote made by the same company as the radio or doesn't it work like that?
I think, Nigel has more than the odd stereo knocking around from the breakers he's had, and is looking at putting one into his misses Corsa and have the radio stalk function working on it
my guess anyway :lol:
:cheesy: :cheesy:
you are so right
dont no about doing it but the thought just crossed my mind

steve earwig
what you say might be true but that solution would cost more money than a 14 pound lead and im tight/always skint.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Fairy nuff :cheesy:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.