Philips 4050 radio & CD changer

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

damon796
1.8 8v

Philips 4050 radio & CD changer

Post by damon796 »

Hi guys on my '96 406 ive got the Philips 4050 radio and Philips RC026(?) CD changer, which doesnt seem to want to work.
I dont think it was there as standard as there is receipts for it being fitted (cant remember off the top of my head when, mind).
But it seems like there is no power going to it as it wont eject and the radio wont select it when i press the SRC button.
I've ejected the cartridge using the manual switch thing and tried a CD in it (both ways up) and still nothing.
I read that they can get very dirty in the boot so i had it apart to clear any dirt out but its as clean as a whistle :?
Ideas anyone? :lol:

It might not be connected to the HU (which i doubt somehow?) but cant seem to be able to find anything I can get it out with yet, tried a couple of nails but not long enough and cut up a metal coat hanger but was too thin and went way back behind the HU on one side :frown: ordered a fascia kit with some keys now 8)
damon796
1.8 8v

Re: Philips 4050 radio & CD changer

Post by damon796 »

So i got the radio keys but I still can't get damn thing out :frown: anyone got any tips for getting them out?! I'm stumped.. :?