how to play mp3

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

annie
2.0 16v

how to play mp3

Post by annie »

have the standard 6cd clarion unit in my 1999 lx. been looking on ebay and so many different choices.different types for differnet years and im getting confused now. can someone point me in the direction of something like connnect2 that will be plug and play please.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: how to play mp3

Post by GingerMagic »

I should think if you have a 6 disc changer already, any Peugeot RT3 should be okay as there is no external power supply, only the feed from the back of the stereo which you know works the CD changer. All the ones I can see on eBay say 2002 onwards, not sure why?

There are Connects2 and Yatour options, and you would need a different one if you use an iphoney.

Both Doggy and me have this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTAPGUSB010-P ... 3cd6ba7183 - it does say 2002 onwards which Doggy and me have, but I can't see why it wouldn't work on an older model?

Check the returns policy....... :wink:
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
annie
2.0 16v

Post by annie »

the 2002 date is what confused me. i like the understatdted style of the head unit and dont really want to replace with a flashy annooying brand new one as im sure it would look out of place amongst the sea of black fascia
MikeBX16V
1.8 8v

Post by MikeBX16V »

I bought a Yatour YT-M06 RD3-Peugeot/Clarion to replace my 6 CD player two years ago.

It works very well and I am very happy with it.

It uses all the original controls of the Pug head unit, is the size of a single compact cassette box and is nicely hidden away in the non-smoking house which replaces the ashtray.

each little SD card holds 10 to 20 albums so the car is no longer filled with CDs in the wrong cases.

My only complaint is that it reduces the range of my DAB converter, so I have to unplug Yatour in weak DAB signal areas.

If you don't run a DAB converter, this will not be a problem for you.

You can also plug audio into it with a 3.5mm jack plug, from a phone etc. But this is not easy to control on the move, unlike controlling the Yatour/Clarion with the steering wheel controls.
annie
2.0 16v

Post by annie »

perfect. thanks. will look into that over weekend