3d printed iphone holder

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

3d printed iphone holder

Post by FarmerPug »

I recently changed my phone from a 4s to 6, but the new phone will no longer fit in the holder i had made up for the iphone 4s

It was a dock i drew up on solideorks so an iphone could be slid into it one handed, and had the connector going to a connects 2 adaptor (i need to buy a new lead now for the lightening connector).

The holder or dock is 3d printed nylon its the stronger of whatever 3d printed materials are available so it wont crumble away to dust, its white with some splatters of jb weld but it could be sanded down and painted. The overall design takes its inspiration from the art deco movement and pays homage to the early works of dieter rams, no its just a square block ugly as hell but it did the job.

Anyhow im not looking anything for it, its a very niche market because you need to have a 406, connects 2 adaptor and iphone 4 or 4s and not overly worried about the squareness, but if anyone wants such a thing its better going to a good home than gathering dust.

That was an early picture of it the wire actually is completely hidden and the whole thing replaces the central air vent.

peo
1.8 16v

Re: 3d printed iphone holder

Post by peo »

It's very easy and practical... good job.
Peugeot 406 HDI SR Pack Fase II 2004 with Brembo calipers and strut force
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: 3d printed iphone holder

Post by FarmerPug »

Just changed to the newer bluetooth connects 2, was going to end up too much faffing about to try and get the old one to work with the new connector that iphones use.
This is the link to the new system
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/321723475455

Have to say its a great device, no need for the parrot kit either, the parrot never worked through the speakers and the only solution was a shite external speaker from an old nokia car kit.
The new connects2 does calls and music through bluetooth, also offers an auxilary in lead for 3.5mm jacks. Still controls songs through the steering wheel controls but as far as i am aware works with nearly all bluetooth phones, to awnser a call it just involves pressing the fast forward button, by far the tidiest setup ive ever installed. Sound quality is as clear as the old wired setup, there is a usb lead i have connected and coming out of the air vent for another planned 3D printed holder although one a bit tider than its predecessor.

I can definitely recommend this, but i have removed the old wired setup if anyone would be interested in it, doesnt come with the holder fortunatley and it will only work with older 30 pin apple stuff, if anyone is interested let me know