PC in the car.. Hints and tips?

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

One touchscreen Monitor or 2 normal?

Touchscreen! All the way baby, funkadelic!
89%
2 Monitors, get it looking cool straight away!
11%

Total votes: 9

nick
Site Admin

PC in the car.. Hints and tips?

Post by nick »

Ok folks, im keeping my install under wraps just now untill the full interior is sorted. All I have to buy is 4 seats, and 2 TFTmonitors, but i have a quick question for ya's..

Do I buy One TFT Touch screen monitor for around ?150, or do I buy 2 normal TFT monitors for around ?100 and a laptop touchpad mouse to control the computer?

Thoughts please!
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Just the one touchscreen and then you can use the microsoft screen keyboard :) lol

I think two TFT's for a drivers computer is abit of a waste, you could get the two headrest TFT's and then just plug them into a dvd player/ games console so that ppl in the back can watch/play and then if you get it rigged up with Wireless technologhy you can sign up for BT Openzone which is wireless internet access.

You could check the forum from your car ! ! how trick would that be :)
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

I'd have to go with Niz406. I use the onscreen keyboard/touchscreen but have a cordless logitech on it when I do longer configurations or create playlists ect.

I use a usb stick for bluetooth (cell phone) and a stick for wireless internet/data exchange with home pc.
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Must say I like the idea of a car based PC, I've been thinking about getting one for my off roader, great with OS mapping software that allows you to plan routes in advance, and a GPS overlay - never get lost again!! I was just going to go with a laptop rather than a permanent install though, mostly for security (the 4X4 is a rag top) but also so that I can take it from car to car and use it for other stuff too.

As far as yours goes Nick it has to be touch screen! 8)
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
matmiller
1.8 8v

Post by matmiller »

im with niz and MaDcOw go for the 1 touch screen
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

DaiRees wrote:Must say I like the idea of a car based PC, I've been thinking about getting one for my off roader,
Uhm off-road as in bumpy bumpy BZZZZZZZZ dead hard drive?