Sat Nav problems

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

flyin2wheeler
1.8 16v

Sat Nav problems

Post by flyin2wheeler »

Had my 04/406 HDI/S now a few years and never paid much attention to the built in sat nav,purley because from day one of ownership its always come up on the display "Cd-Rom unreadable" when ignitions turned on.
My sat nav cd is totally mint without a scratch so i put it down to a duff cd reader in the boot.
Managed to get a used one latley I was assured was working fine but still getting the same old message on the display and no sat nav.
Is it possible for it to be an issue with anothedr component some where in the sat nav system?
I did notice a relay in beside the sat nav head in the boot whatever that does.
Anyone sucessfully fixed one?
I know its likley much better to have a new tom tom but,i really dont like those things stuck to my window and wires running up from the feg lighter.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: Sat Nav problems

Post by GingerMagic »

I have one here that I no longer use ( from my donor 2004 executive ) as my GLX didn't have it fitted and its a faff to retro-fit so I just put in the sat-nav display..

If you are local to Bournemouth, or to Castle Cary next weekend, you are welcome to try it in your car - I also have a 2005/6 'back-up' disc which you can try out...

My old Sat-Nav was excellent, many members here had no joy with theirs but I loved mine, and it was very accurate for such an old system. The 2005/6 disc has street by street view on the display as you drive round, without turning on directions.. :cheesy:
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
flyin2wheeler
1.8 16v

Post by flyin2wheeler »

Thanks for the offer bud but Im a long way from you,im outside belfast,lol.
Im beginning to suspect there is a fault else where in the system in my car.
Its never worked and my thoughts were that im going touring ireland in july and it would be a good help to have it.
Il keep trying and hoping.Even if I could get mine repaired but nobody local seems to have a fix
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Perhaps the French were jealous of Ireland's natural beauty and didn't think we deserved to see it so omitted the place from the sat-nav :shock:

I think most on here over the years have had nothing positive to say about the sat nav system but I agree with you about wanting it to work verses a tomtom stuck to the screen :frown:

Sounds daft but what about trying one of those CD lense cleaning discs?
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work