CD Changer

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

KiwipugUK
1.8 8v

CD Changer

Post by KiwipugUK »

Hey everyone, got a clarion changer from a scrap car today, all the wiring was there in my 04 406 but no changer. The plug had been dangling in a spot that gets a bit moist tho so was all corroded and I spliced in a plug from the donor car.
Plugged it all in and now the whole stereo wont turn on, let alone do anything with the changer.
Question is, do I need to tell it that it now has a changer thru OBD? or would there be something else wrong?

andrew
KiwipugUK
1.8 8v

Re: CD Changer

Post by KiwipugUK »

Ok, so I found that I had blown the fuse on the back of the stereo, have changed that and now the head unit goes again, and the cd changer will eject the cartridge but still does nothing... I'm thinking I need to get in there with something and switch the changer function on in the head unit.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi, you may need to activate the CD port in the back of the stereo - you need either a friendly Peugeot main dealer, or a member on here (or other Peugeot Forums) that may have the diagnostic equipment to do it.
If you add your location to your profile maybe someone local to you can help?
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
KiwipugUK
1.8 8v

Post by KiwipugUK »

Thanks GingerMagic, I'm in North Wales, will add it to my profile... once i figure our how!