Question: Steering Wheel Controls

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

ShadowStripes
1.8 8v

Question: Steering Wheel Controls

Post by ShadowStripes »

Ok... so this might be a dumb question, but dumb thoughts come to my old decaying mind at 2:20am

So, is seems that the onboard technology of the 406 is shared, in part or in full, with other PSA group vehicles, specifically Citroën...

That said... :

How possible would it be to get a steering wheel with radio buttons from, say... for example, a Citroën Xsara, or Picasso, or Xantia of the same MY... and get it to work on a 406?

Not that I mind the 'stalk' style thingie on the Pugs, just... having the radio buttons on the steering wheel itself would be more practical, in my humble opinion...

Just a thought...
2001 -> 2016 - a bunch of Puntos, Golfs, Astras and even a Clio
2016 -> ____ - Y2000 406 Break 2.0 HDI 110 Executive (Delft Blue Pearlescent)
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: Question: Steering Wheel Controls

Post by PeterN »

You need the wiring as well of course and I don't know if it would be compatible with the 406. I have fitted Pioneer aftermarket radios in mine and now they have a proper rotary volume control I don't miss the remote.

The best remote I have had was one of the first in the Citroen XM, that had buttons in the middle of the steering wheel - brilliant.

Peter