Non JBL to JBL audio system

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

dragunas
1.6 8v

Non JBL to JBL audio system

Post by dragunas »

Hello,

I have recently purchased a JBL amplifier to fit my car. Still need to buy the JBL speakers, because the seller couldn't find them in the shed. Altogether I picked up a corresponding Clarion HU (the one from JBL system). And also I removed CD changer out of my p206, which seems to be same as in my p406. The cd changer in my car was working intermittently. My questions would be: do i need to change the wiring to power up new JBL spec Clarion HU? Wiring up the speakers is no problem, because i have a wiring loom for them. As I understand, JBL amp has only +12v, gnd and remote wires which goes to headunit? Now about speakers, as I don't have them, are the JBL speakers from sedan/wagon/coupe the same? From info I've found, coupe rear speakers are separate for bass and tweeters, while sedan rear speakers are combined with bass/tweeters. And last question, will I need to program new HU, amp and cd changer to my car using PP2000, if so, how? Thanks in advance. And sorry for a long trash post :D
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: Non JBL to JBL audio system

Post by Doggy »

I cannot answer all your questions, but here goes.....

The wiring for the head unit should be the same.

You will need PP2000 to code the HU to the car - it will work if not coded, but beeps every few seconds. You need to program the HU to your car's VIN code, easy to do.

Hope that helps?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
dragunas
1.6 8v

Post by dragunas »

Yes, it is clear about programming HU to car vin. How JBL amp gets power, if I leave standard loom for radio? And does jbl amp has a function, something like remote? Well, actually I am taking apart whole interior right now(because of water ingress through rear tail light :evil: ), so I think I'll manage to trace the correct wiring :wink:
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
dragunas
1.6 8v

Post by dragunas »

Thank you! :) I have Peugeot Sedre in my laptop, but unfortunately this program can't find some wires. Like BH10C, AH29B, AH22B, XE01C. Maybe somebody can help me identify these wires?
dragunas
1.6 8v

Post by dragunas »

Sorry for double posting. I found those wires in another topic in forum. So all I need to do is trace a remote wire(8454) to headunit and splice it to my existing connector (A block, pin number 5). I will power the amp through trailer socket positive wire(20A) which is located near cd changer.

Another question is, does anybody know from what other cars (citroen?) JBL speakers are the same? I checked in Service box for 406 coupe, 607, 407, 307 and rear speakers are different to 406 sedan.