Replacing OEM Philips tape player

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

nickrose137
1.8 8v

Replacing OEM Philips tape player

Post by nickrose137 »

OK, apologies if this has been covered before. I *did* search <embarrassed face>!
I've found a bargain Pioneer all-singing all-dancing head unit to replace the OEM Philips radio/tape player in my 1998 GLX saloon. Do any of you know which stalk control adaptor I need? The Autoleads PC99-X24 that's listed seems to be for D9s, without the right size socket for my stalk control lead to plug into.
Many thanks, Nick
nickrose137
1.8 8v

Re: Replacing OEM Philips tape player

Post by nickrose137 »

It's the PC99-X15. With that and a Pioneer patch lead I already had, the aftermarket unit is now working, complete with all stalk controls. The thing is, with the extra wiring, adaptor and block connector back there, the head unit doesn't quite go all the way back into the aperture. So the next job is to see if there's a way of tucking away the wiring so that the HU clicks into place.
nickrose137
1.8 8v

Re: Replacing OEM Philips tape player

Post by nickrose137 »

Forgot to add, if anyone would like the OEM radio/tape player, you're welcome to it. Last time I used it, the sound from the radio was OK, but the tape sounded muffled. Probably needs a good clean.