Recommendation

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

bloodredwarlock
1.8 8v

Recommendation

Post by bloodredwarlock »

Looking for ICE advice. Gonna buy some subs and an amp real soon, been looking around halfrauds and the like but they're all just trying to pitch a sale. Seen a couple o vibe packages and cheaper ones, looking for a twin sub unit to fill back of the boot. Dont really see the point of going beyond 12" subs cause of my taste in music,the amp doesnt need to be hugely powerful either. So anybody with recommendations for a package or separate sub/amp combo would be appreciated.
TurboDave
1.6 8v

Re: Recommendation

Post by TurboDave »

hi mate, i'm currently using a 206 so bear in mind it will sound louder in my car than a 406 (which i've just purchased - so might be able to in a week or two let you know what it's like in that) I was running a Fusion encouter kit, the cheap £130 kit which is 300w and I wouldn't recommend, I upgraded to west coast customs 800w double 12" box with built in amp, looks really nice, good quality and does kick a lot, but if you really want something loud, I have a friend with Vibe CBR112 black evo, double box, 3000watts max aroudn 1000rms i think, with built in amp will set you back around £380 I think http://www.caraudiosecurity.com are pretty good if your happy to purchase over the internet. Fitting something like that may set you back around £40-70 unless you can do it yourself or know someone who can (If you're near essex i'd be happy to help)

Good luck mate, let us know what you get :)

Dave
bloodredwarlock
1.8 8v

Re: Recommendation

Post by bloodredwarlock »

my bad i forgot id made this thread got a 1000 watt amp and 12" inch sub in the boot so it does the biz. just looking to get proper speakers inside with plenty of tweeters. cheers for the offer anyway mate. 8)