JVC KD BT11 Wiring

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

dave2103

JVC KD BT11 Wiring

Post by dave2103 »

Hello to everyone on here, this is my first post.
Car is W reg 406 HDI saloon.
I hope someone can help here, Ive put the JVC KD BT11 stereo in yesterday & am having problems with the usual constant live feed.
I've looked at other posts & have tried the shunt method but I thimk it was in the correct position in the first place, after moving it, all sorts of things decided not to work so I put it back as was! (in the photo)
The only other thing I can think is the ISO adaptor loom but not too sure which ones to move.
Also put a pic of the adaptor.
Attachments
adaptor.jpg
(24.8 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Fuses.jpg
(94.03 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
mjb
Site Admin

Re: JVC KD BT11 Wiring

Post by mjb »

You should never try any D8 electrical fixes on a D9 - pretty much everything is completely different and you run the risk of damaging the BSI
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

The adaptor pic appears to be a black blob with some wires coming out of it. Did it come with the stereo, is it an extra specific to it or is it part of the car? By the way don't guess with this one, some of the wires feed directly into the BSI...
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Hi Dave,
I've got a list of the original D9 audio connectors / functions. Let me know if this is would assist you.
Can't help directly with your JVC unit, but if you can provide the info, or a link to it, I'll try to suggest a solution.
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
dave2103

Post by dave2103 »

Hiya dogslife, sorry not got back driven up to Manchester today. That would be a great help mate, steve_earwig, it's the conector block to the iso plug for the head unit, not a great photo! gonna get a multimeter tomorrow to see which is the constant live feed & which is the ignition live. I always take the facia off every night so battery drain shouldn't be an issue.
http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/00/0 ... 6-002A.pdf that's the PDF for the instalation.

Thanks.
ianst28
2.2 16v
Location: sunny wirral (who am i kidding it's always bl&^%y raining)

Post by ianst28 »

just a quick thought
have a look at the back of the jvc and see if the fuse can be fitted in 2 places ........... this is kinda hard to explain with out pics but i'll try
on some jvc units you can move the fuse up or down a socket this switches the permanant and switched live ...... this is ideal if your car (usually a poxhaull) has the permanant and switched live in opposite places to the standard iso wiring on the jvc and means that you don't have to buy an adaptor or mess with the wiring on the cat or the lead to solve the problem

hope this helps.................... actually really i just hope it makes sense to someone .................. it all made sense in my head lol :idea: :idea:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!!!!
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Hello again Dave, (sorry I 'lost the thread')!

Car harness, ISO connector, Power side (Black):
Pin 1 (black) - phone mute input
Pins 2, 3, 4 - Vehicle Area Network, (Can bus comms), don't connect anything to these unless you're certain you know what's what.
Pin 5 ? (not used on mine).
Pin 6 (yellow, marked AH25B) - switched live - the same function as red wire (3) on JVC connector
Pin 7 (mauve, marked BH10A - permanent live - the same function as yellow wire (2) on JVC connector
Pin 8 (green/yellow, marked M841 - earth - - the same function as black wire (1) on JVC connector

That leaves wires (4) & (5) on the JVC connector, (4) is there to work an electric aerial etc. so you shouldn't connect it.
(5) orange, illumination - I think most people connect this to the illumination lamp for the ashtray or cigar lighter. TBH I'm not certain of its function, it could be to supply the fascia illumination of your head unit, or to dim it down when the lights go on.

The other half (yellow) of the Pug ISO connector has the 8 connections for the 4 separate speaker circuits. I'm fairly certain these are genuinely standard so should just plug in OK.

Again sorry about the delay & hope this helps
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Post by HimBigChief »

As said the lead you've got as (4) can also be used to turn power amplifiers on, if that's your sort of thing. The other wire (5) is usually connected to a wire which changes voltage when lights are on. This tells the stereo that the dash lights are on so dims the display. Without connecting this wire the stereo will stay the same brightness day or night. So basically you had the right idea!
Image Image
'98 2.1TD Executive Daily Drive........................................'94 309 Goodwood Project Car