A touch of bad luck

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

MaDc0w
2.0 16v

A touch of bad luck

Post by MaDc0w »

Was driving happily through a construction site with like 50km minding my own business
until I noticed I was on the wrong side of the road!! (there was no signs pointing where to go)
Had to crunch the car over the middle of the street and took out 6 of those red thingies with the blinking light on top...
Had to stop, move all the parts arround that got smashed.. and all this at 10:00 at night in the dark...

Both mirrors broken - replaced with the original ones I still had.
Front bumper is history now, had to remove both fog lights and taped the holes up
Hood has more dents than ever now (like 8 new ones to match the 3 I already had)
Bearings on the front and back right sides are broken

Anyone have a nice D8 bumper in green that they don't need? lol
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Oh dear chappy, that's not very good now.

Hey, at least it wasn't day time because all those builders would have been pointing and laughing at you mashing up their safety cones :shock:

Maddy, I don't know if it's where you live exactly but you seem to have the misfortune of hitting things with you 406, or, is it soooo fast that you just cannot help it :P

I do stuff like this sometimes and it's allways when you have a lot on at work and your mind is busy, I find my 'Give Way' manners dissapear as I plough on towards the oncoming car right until they swerve at the last minute :shock:

There's something about the 406 that lets you judge the width of the car perfectly and squeeeeeze through the most impossible gaps sometimes.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Welton wrote:There's something about the 406 that lets you judge the width of the car perfectly and squeeeeeze through the most impossible gaps sometimes.
I love it when there's a car turning right off a main road and I just whiz through the "ooooh that was close" gap at 40, glancing in my rearview to see a micra/ka/clio/106 slam the anchors on and pansy around it :D
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

mjb wrote:
Welton wrote:There's something about the 406 that lets you judge the width of the car perfectly and squeeeeeze through the most impossible gaps sometimes.
I love it when there's a car turning right off a main road and I just whiz through the "ooooh that was close" gap at 40, glancing in my rearview to see a micra/ka/clio/106 slam the anchors on and pansy around it :D
That's amazing, I thought it was just me but I have never had a car that was so easy to judge the width of, where I live the main street is a bit tight and is JUST wide enough for a pass without giving way, most drivers stop and wave you through, but not me, I just keep going much to the shock of the oncoming car :shock:

My missus regularly ''breaths in'' when were passing other cars :lol:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

Wow, that's more than bad luck. How the heck did you manage to lose concentration enough to get on the wrong side of the road.

Never mind, all fixable, except the roof.
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

It was real dark and it was lightly raining so the new built street was all shiny.
They line the roads with yellow stripes and along them the flat red thingies with the slanted red/white lines. The day before the street was rerouted so they could work on it and well.. at night it was different again. Just this time they didn't mark the lane well and it LOOKED like I was spose to drive along the left lane instead of the right lane..

It took like 2 secs for my brain to go "click" "those are headlights..IN MY LANE!" :cheesy:

And yea the 406 squeezes everywhere! I was able to only do minor hood dents and knock off BOTH mirrors and no other damage on the sides of the car ANYWHERE! Now how cool is that? :lol:
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

how cool....... errmmmm..........

Dude you butchered it !

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

HEY!! SOMEONE HAS TO DO THE TESTING!

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

You all know you`d like to rally your 406. I just beat everyone to it. LOL
406OC Image Support
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Should have paid a visit up to stoke while they were replacing a couple of roundabouts with underpasses. There were about 5 different layouts painted onto the road (everything changed each time I drove there), cones everywhere (but not placed close enough together to give the game away) and signs that contradicted one another. Couple of times at night I ended up having to reverse out of the enterance to a construction site or from a dual carrageway on the wrong side of the road...
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Mad mad mad German drivers! See my other thread maddy! Manged to spin out of control on one of your super autobahns cos ever bugger was doing 150mph and me doing a mere 90... until someone decided to do 85 with me asleep at the wheel!

To my amazement, nothing is actually wrong with the car (only very very minor scuffs). Today the garage said I need 3(!) new tyres as all the thread is gone. I assume that's cos of a little spin I had. Will let you lot know more tomorrow when I get it back.... :shock: