THIEVING B*****D SCUMBAG'S

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Re: THIEVING B*****D SCUMBAG'S

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

jasper5 wrote:
Welly wrote:
How do you think they cut the eggsauce pipe anyway?

Like this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEPSL91XgQQ
:evil: , Yeah jasper, looking at the pipe you can tell it's been cut with one of those type of pipe cutters :frown: .
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Bailes1992 wrote:I see an opportunity for a decat! :supafrisk:
:x , Bailes it was on the card's just not quite at the mo & I was going to use a new down pipe flex off ebay, so I could leave my O.E one intact just incase the law changes :roll: .
+ I know there is quite a bit of value in them :frown: .
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:

dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Welly wrote:These people have a device to deter theft, don't know the cost though?

http://catalyticconvertertheft.com/
:lol: , click on your link Welly it states the cost inthe add, £95 + vat so about £118.00 all in & to be honist I can't see that being much use.
Yeah maybe on the style in the pic, bolt in but if they come prepared to cut out a welded in one then they will probably have bolt cutters with them & would make mince meat of that cable / bracket that the cable run's through. :( . Just my opinon :frown:

oldskoolskool
1.8 16v

Post by oldskoolskool »

Supposedly the cables shod be fitted where bolt croppers can not reach, but this is dependant on the vehicle it is fitted too.

There are some which are designed differently and are fitted with shear bolts, however any job on the vehicle requiring cat removal means the need drilling out.

This crime is all too common on commercial vehicles and 4x4's.

As for a decat, all is well and good if you have a friendly MOT centre as under the new stricter guidelines if they see that the catalysis or dpf (fap) is missing then it should be a failure, if they are on the ball and know the dw12 you could fail because of the missing egr. But realistically they won't spot this.
2003 - Aegean Blue - 2.2L HDi - S

Nicowico pipes, de-fapped, de-egr, K&N, pipecraft stainless exhaust, Re-map, paddle clutch & SMF, Nakamichi cd400, 5000k hid's & led's

Styled by piniferina, modified with shopping trolleys and car doors.
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

oldskoolskool wrote:Supposedly the cables shod be fitted where bolt croppers can not reach, but this is dependant on the vehicle it is fitted too.

There are some which are designed differently and are fitted with shear bolts, however any job on the vehicle requiring cat removal means the need drilling out.

This crime is all too common on commercial vehicles and 4x4's.

As for a decat, all is well and good if you have a friendly MOT centre as under the new stricter guidelines if they see that the catalysis or dpf (fap) is missing then it should be a failure, if they are on the ball and know the dw12 you could fail because of the missing egr. But realistically they won't spot this.
:( , Just what I wanted to hear, I guess I've just got to take my chance, can't ask them before hand :roll: .

dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

trufflehunt wrote:
Welly wrote:I guess being up on axle stands the temptation to swipe it was too great, and if anyone looked down your driveway they'd just see two blokes "working" on a car :|

What if you'd have come home though mid-way through the act? they took a massive risk doing this on your driveway.

?
Probably an inside job....
:arrowu: ? :arrowu: ? :arrowu: ? :arrowu: , not from me or the wife, it's me that's got to sort it.

oldskoolskool
1.8 16v

Post by oldskoolskool »

There is a good chance they may not notice or care if it's there.

I just naturally assumed everyone has a friendly MOT centre, the old place I have used for 10 year only cares if the car is safe, but he has moved away, I have now used a different mot place for the first time and they are also the same, (but I can't go on a Monday or Wednesday as that's when the owner works there lol )

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Nicowico pipes, de-fapped, de-egr, K&N, pipecraft stainless exhaust, Re-map, paddle clutch & SMF, Nakamichi cd400, 5000k hid's & led's

rwb
3.0 24v

Post by rwb »

oldskoolskool wrote:As for a decat, all is well and good if you have a friendly MOT centre as under the new stricter guidelines if they see that the catalysis or dpf (fap) is missing then it should be a failure
What?

I've been told time and time again that diesels do not require cats, and I've never heard the EGR mentioned before.

Now I'm really confused.

Current: 407 2.2 HDi 170 & C6 2.7 HDi.
Former: 406 1.9 TD; 406 HDi 90; 407 2.2 160; 307cc 180; 508 HDi 140.
Map of PeugeotForums users offering PP2k
oldskoolskool
1.8 16v

Post by oldskoolskool »

sorry I wasn't referring to old diesels when I mentioned catalysts on our cars more for petrol, but I'm not 100% on what eurostage 6 will bring in, then eurostage 7.

quote from vosa

"However, whilst diesel engine vehicles are required to meet certain emissions limits for Type Approval, the method used to achieve this is not specified. It was left to the engine manufacturer to decide how to meet Euro 3, 4, 5 etc emissions standards.

For this reason, testers would be unable to readily determine which vehicles are OE fitted with a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) or Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system."

so if a diesel goes in with a straight through pipe it should really fail.

I think I was jumping the gun with the egr.

rwb
3.0 24v

Post by rwb »

Panic over :D
oldskoolskool wrote:...what eurostage 6 will bring in, then eurostage 7
This is getting silly now, especially when carbon thingamajig bears no relation to MPG.

<rant>Much better use of public transport could be made if it was accepted that a car could be part of a journey and accommodated accordingly.</rant>
oldskoolskool wrote:...so if a diesel goes in with a straight through pipe it should really fail.
Worth remembering, but :cry:

Current: 407 2.2 HDi 170 & C6 2.7 HDi.
Former: 406 1.9 TD; 406 HDi 90; 407 2.2 160; 307cc 180; 508 HDi 140.
Map of PeugeotForums users offering PP2k
jasper5
3.0 24v

Post by jasper5 »

Guys, the presence of a catalytic converter is only required for mot purposes on a PETROL engined car that requires a full cat test, ie, most petrol engined cars from 1992.

The mot test test for a diesel engined car is only a smoke test!!
jonny81191
2.0 16v

Post by jonny81191 »

jasper5 wrote:Guys, the presence of a catalytic converter is only required for mot purposes on a PETROL engined car that requires a full cat test, ie, most petrol engined cars from 1992.

The mot test test for a diesel engined car is only a smoke test!!

^this, I've actually passed an MOT with a full straight through, no false boxes. He commented that it was loud, but passed it without question.
puggy
Resident Pervert

Post by puggy »

Exactly what my mot tester told me last week John :)
.. ooh are those drugs for me Matron
oldskoolskool
1.8 16v

Post by oldskoolskool »

It's true they are only subject to a smoke test but the new rules do say that if emission devices such as dpf were fitted as standard they need to be there.

To meet euro stage 3 most cars would have had something in the exhaust, and euro stage 4 definitely would.

The big flaw in this is half the test centres won't know what cars had what systems to start with so most will do the basic test and let it go.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

jasper5
3.0 24v

Post by jasper5 »

oldskoolskool wrote:It's true they are only subject to a smoke test but the new rules do say that if emission devices such as dpf were fitted as standard they need to be there.

To meet euro stage 3 most cars would have had something in the exhaust, and euro stage 4 definitely would.

The big flaw in this is half the test centres won't know what cars had what systems to start with so most will do the basic test and let it go.

With the greatest of respect, please read the official Mot Testers Guide, in particular, section 7. There is nothing there to say that a DPF or Cat needs to be there for a diesel engine (Compression Ignition Engine).

You will need to download the guide for class 4 vehicles for cars.

http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/d ... guides.htm