NO MORE PUG

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

GoldenBlunder
1.8 8v

NO MORE PUG

Post by GoldenBlunder »

Nearly all of you ain't going to believe this but if it happens to you ,youve been told.
Around the beggining of this month I bought a nice 406 off a bloke where I live .I paid cash ,got all the papers plus reciept in front of witnesses.After two weeks this bloke gets pissed and with a key he's kept nicks it back and parks it outside his house .He then phones Mr plod and tells 'em I've been round his house to be rather nasty.So before I even Know my cars missing I'm shoved in a police van on suspicion .When I whinge that he's nicked my car they tell me that because the log books in the post it's a matter for the civil courts and if I go near him I'll be arrested for witness intimidation.I can't afford courts ,this is doin my head in. :evil:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Re: NO MORE PUG

Post by DaiRees »

WTF??? That's mental! :shock:

I take it the log book has been completed correctly and sent off, so you're just waiting for it to arrive from DVLA? Dunno what to say.....
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

What the f...? What witnesses, his mates or your mates? I wouldn't rely on them if it's his mates, if they're yours you're laughing. Reciept with his signature? Good news if it is. You could always apply for a log book for a car you don't own though, I wouldn't trust Swansea to keep hold of the original I'm afraid. I really think you need some proper legal advice, I wouldn't actually rely on the courts to back you up (reality doesn't often make it inside).
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

:shock: :shock: If all your paperwork is in order he's in a whole world of shyte!
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

teamster1975 wrote::shock: :shock: If all your paperwork is in order he's in a whole world of shyte!
You'd think wouldn't you? But GB's got documentary proof and witnesses that he's bought it, and plod have the ability to find out who the legal keeper is (and if that's in question they could contact DVLA to see if it's currently undergoing a change of ownership), yet the lazy bastards aren't interested.

Get a friend of an associate of a friend to knick it back using your key and stash it in a lockup garage until the log book comes back, then it can magically reappear??? 8)

OK maybe not my best idea but I'm trying :oops: :lol:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
GoldenBlunder
1.8 8v

Post by GoldenBlunder »

Thanks for the resonse fellas,I,m at a low ebb and wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else.Yes I did all I should have done but when will I get it back? I'm still waiting on a call from the police to see if I,m being charged with assault.
Walking 15 miles to work aint no fun,(no public transport).Turns out this guy is a local menace but the police seem more than happy to help him steal my motor and his neighbur says he's seen him messing about under the bonnet.
Well the best advice I can give out is to only use your own steering lock and imobilizer and not the one supplied by the last owner.At least I've still got me health.
:(
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

How can they charge you with assault if you weren't even there? :shock: :shock:
GoldenBlunder
1.8 8v

Post by GoldenBlunder »

Quote:- (shoved in a police van on suspicion). And I asked for a officer to turn up outside the wankers house this morning to keep the peace while I recover the car .I was told a officer should be available but no one turned up.
At 6 they phoned me and repeated the line about civil courts.I am abit weary about taking it while he's out,I am gunna have to be patient.In fact i'm so sick of it I reckoning on a replacement.What do you reckon a petrol or diesel,I like comfort and low down torque all the extras ,maybe two grandish.
BEST TO ALL THANKS :?
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Yeah I saw that but assumed that it had been cleared up when they got you down the cop shop. I can't see how they can charge you without any evidence, what proof has he got to back up ihs claims? do you have an alibi?

Have you tried getting any sense out of the DVLA?
GoldenBlunder
1.8 8v

Post by GoldenBlunder »

Look I have posted this for the sake of others,please if you can come with a way to get me it back I'd be over the moon .Of course I shall get it back but look at the crap in the mean time.You can get as technical as you like but the police don't give a hoot as they're in no hurry. .....Still in love with 406s bfn.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Something's very strange about all this :|
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Clouldn't agree more Welly :?

:roll:
GoldenBlunder
1.8 8v

Post by GoldenBlunder »

Said you wouldn't believe me .Tell you what when the log book gets back I'll sign it over to any one of you, give you the key and it's yours if your willing to go and get it .I'll put money on my word any day of the week.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Wasn't doubting YOU fella, I was just saying the whole thing is weird! the guy sells you the car, keeps a key, knicks it back, then tells the police you've attacked him. As I said, something very strange!

Next time buy from a dealer?

I hope you get it back ok. And I should stay away from this guy too! in fact the police will make him hand over any spare keys otherwise he'll be done for attempted theft even if he doesn't leave his house.

If it was me, when I get it back I'd shift it on quick just to be safe.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
GoldenBlunder
1.8 8v

Post by GoldenBlunder »

Sorry mate I've been losing some sleep ,starting to think the whole worlds out to get me.It's a bit more than I can handle , I reckon on a visit to the docs. I was in love with my new motor.