Printer cuts off right hand edge when printing stuff off web

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Printer cuts off right hand edge when printing stuff off web

Post by Welly »

When I print off stuff, you know like ''How To's'' from car Forum pages the printer always misses the right hand text off.

How do you get web pages to print off properly?

Welton
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

IT Support Mode on

Thar's because Internet Explorer (and his friends) are written by our friends across the pond and are designed to print on Letter sized paper (wider and shorter than A4)

You need to go to File -> Page Setup and then select the Landscape option and then click OK

The page will now print in Landscape mode - so it will all fit on Width ways but will now take more paper top to bottom as it were

Remember to reset the paper back to protrait, other wise thinks like Outlook (Express and Full version) will also print out wrong

HTH

Regards

Mike
Welly

Post by Welly »

Thankyou, I will give it a try.
Cars in my care:
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

I should add that you still need to File -> Print to actaully print the document

Mike
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Margins, Margins and Margins.... set up your printing preferences so that it defaults to A4 it usually doesnt matter what IE says for printing then as it reads your default printer values unless its Windows 98 :D .... next visit add/remove programs./.... bin Internet Exploder and download Mozilla Firefox and Rediscover the web..... I sound like a friggin advert ......lol
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

Niz406 wrote:Margins, Margins and Margins
Or you can do what Niz said :cheesy: but remember that it will affect printouts from Outlook/Outlook Express too - it amazing how many apps reply on Internet Explorer
Welly

Post by Welly »

Bit more confused now :cry:

Will have to try it out and see what happens.
Cars in my care:
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

Welton wrote:Bit more confused now :cry:

Will have to try it out and see what happens.
Basically mate, what you've got are 2 IT Guys (which is handy) but as with all things, Niz does stuff his way and I do it my way!!!

Just as with the suggestions that get thrown up for the good old 406

Sorry if we've both confused you :?

Mike
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Welton, dude !

If your confused now, maybe its time to take the pen and paper back out.... get writing :)....lol

Failing that, get yourself a laptop with wireless capability and use the internet outside by the car when your fixing it ! :D result.

We should start a new thread for IT assistance... thats a plan ! !
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
Welly

Post by Welly »

I really am crap on computers, if it works then I tend to leave it alone.

I must admit I don't like Internet Explorer, seems like everything you do the whole of the rest of your programmes know about it, keep it, copy it whatever.

Temporary Internet files make me laugh, they keep stuff on there for ages, but why?, who needs it? keep using disk clean up to clear it all.
Cars in my care:
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Your not really crap mate... and you should give yourself credit, at least you attempt to use computers, there aren't many people your age even willing to attempt using one...

Not trying to imply that you are old or past it, there are thousands and thousands of middle aged people in the uk not using computers.

Get This

then get rid of IE or just stop using it..

Temporary Internet Files are stored to make browsing quicker, by retaining graphical aspects of the site, loading becomes quicker as it reads the content from the web server and if the page layoput hasnt changed it displayes your locally stored version, with minor changes to text and picture content.

If the pages has been updated then a new set of temp files are downloaded by your browser into your temp internet files, this was basically implemented for dial up narrowband 56k and below users, broadband users do not need to use temporary internet files for anything other than cookies if they are enabled.

You can reduce the amount of disk space used by the browser for the temp files by following the below:

Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Under the general tab / temp ineternet files heading click the Settings button -> Now in the first option select either Never or automatically, this is your own personal preference.

For the amount of disk space, drag the slider all the way to the left so it only shows 1MB which is more than enough for all your cookies alone.. click ok, then Apply and finally ok.

This will resolve the temp folder being used when not required due to your broadband high speed connection. If you want to delete your existing files simply follow the above procedure until you reach the temp Internet files heading then simply click the delete files button -> followed by OK

Hope this helps mate, now go forth and plunder ! ! ! lol
Niz406
--------
Welly

Post by Welly »

*shakes walking stick*

Edited by Niz406 :D
Cars in my care:
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

totally agree.....

But why?
Niz406
--------
Welly

Post by Welly »

I just don't like all the messing about with computers, preferences and that, you change a default or preference then forget later and wonder why something is not working etc etc....

A bit like spending all day tidying up letters, bills and paperwork and then not finding something important later on. :|
Cars in my care:
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I took the time to type that procedure for you........
Niz406
--------