1 Interview down, another to go.... This WEEK !

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

1 Interview down, another to go.... This WEEK !

Post by niz406 »

Yay... well it went really, really well and I think I have a good chance of getting it.. the interview was suppose to be, 30 minutes long, it ended up an hour because we all got on so well, and had lots to talk and chat about..

About 40 min's them interviewing me and 20 min's me asking questions... went really really well.. I enjoyed it !

Fingers crossed...

With this job its 4 weeks in the states training... on the west coast ! ! California baby ! ! !

Fingers crossed !
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
V6WAYNE
1.8 8v

Post by V6WAYNE »

good luck 8)
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Cheers buddy... if I get it, i'll make sure I take the digi cam and get some photo's of the hotties on the beach to post !!!
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

where bouts in old cali u headin dfor? i got family in santa monica - used to go there 2wice a year - phenominal! :O

Best of luck chief! hope it all goes well!

Nick
Thanks,
Nick
DaiRees wrote:I got the "premium" standard fit system in mine, 10 speakers, changer, JBL amp. I'm quite happy with it for listening to the radio / CDs or my "teach yourself Welsh" stuff on the way to work :lol:
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Just out of interest... what did you study for?
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Well Nick, if I get it then maybe you can come and we can have a wicked time out there ?

Captain:

I studied for a Degree in Computer Networks, but also have a foundation degree in Business studies and computer studies, and a certificate of higher education in Computer Studies.

Why'd you wanna know ?
Niz406
--------
PJ
2.0 16v

Post by PJ »

Best of luck Niz. Hope you do well.

Hope you can find the time to visit the site while you're away, not too much of a distraction from the beach 'hotties'.

But we'll understand :lol:
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Clever sod!

*wishes he studied harder at skool*

Well done though chap, hopefully all your hard work will pay off with a really decent job.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Hard Work... whats that ? lol

Still have a dissertation to write and two modules to complete, part time for me next year I think ! :frown: :frown:
Niz406
--------
Welly

Post by Welly »

Dissertation :shock:

Isn't that the thing that every student puts off, puts offf, puts off, puts off, then has a mad rush of 20 hours days at the end to sort it out.

Can't you cheat and copy an old one? I don't think they'll notice :lol:
Cars in my care:
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Most students do... in my case I did because there is nothing about computer Networks that I am that interested in to write 15,000 words about, let alone research it ! !

So I have until November to come up with idea's and get it sorted...

A firend of mine did part of his GF's and his GF got done for plaigerism(or however you spell it lol) she left uni with a basic pass degree I think !
Niz406
--------
Welly

Post by Welly »

Yeah, don't they have computers that can scan your work for repeated references or common phrases and compare the results with known reference books and other works and the like, hence they know you have copied it from somewhere?
Cars in my care:
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

well its a program, but yes exactly what you said, its very clever... but even programs make mistakes, after all they are developed by humans and computers are only as clever as the humans that programmed them! lol
Niz406
--------
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

I studied Software Engineering with computer systems. Got a 2:1 degree, which I thought was pretty good for something I didn't REALLY study for (I knew most of it anyway :P). Managed to do most of my assignments in the 3 days prior to hand in....as opposed to my then gf who spent most of her days in the library with a pile of books when she should have been with me!

But not quite sure if it did me any good as I racked up ?1000's worth of debt and my current job doesn't really pay me enough. I am in IT Network Administration/support engineeer/whatever you wanna call it now but I feel like I am at a dead end really :-(

Need a new job!
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

There are so many stories of people doing computing degrees but then working in either some totally different industries or roles that they had no interest in doing...

I have done computer networks because there at the time was no web development / design degree.. but hey its only cost me ?13k for ermmmm welll nothing but stress.....lol

Captain, what is it you wanted to do when you first left uni ??
Niz406
--------