290bhp 406 Executive versus modified Honda Civic-R!!

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

=|[PsychoPoet406]|=
1.8 16v

290bhp 406 Executive versus modified Honda Civic-R!!

Post by =|[PsychoPoet406]|= »

I made this today! Apologies for the picture quality, but do watch it through; it gets rather exciting when the Civic makes a late charge. Enjoy our first YouTube video :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbLvErr4Zk
ImageImage
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

Late charge? that was the 406 driver ballsing it up :P
Malachy
2.2 16v

Post by Malachy »

this made me dig out sega gt online for my xbox, then i realised why it had a 1 inch pile of dust on it, no not because i am too lazy to dust it, but because the car physics are soooooo bad every car feels like a 10 ton oil tanker on an ice rink,you have to turn 100 metres before the corner to load up the suspension then the car might decide to turn or just understeer into the barrier.
AUFULL game
it deserves to be covered in dust :/
1996 306cab with a few mods
1997 Mercedes C230 Kompressor sport
Foxy
Forum Admin<BR>Know it all

Post by Foxy »

Yeah, gimmie GT4 any day of the week.
Used to own the finest 406 in the UK - RIP
Malachy
2.2 16v

Post by Malachy »

well i quite like forza but tbh there are no decent sims on consoles:/
racer is where it is at.

i just had another go on sega gt and was driving an rx7, had body roll like a 2cv :/
=|[PsychoPoet406]|=
1.8 16v

Actually, while Sega GT does have some weird handling physics, I found GT4 to be stale and boring and Sega GT to have a big spark of excitement.

Play GT4 and GT2 back to back and you realise that when they upgraded to the PS2, the Gran Turismo team traded in the fun factor for better graphics. Try "chucking" a 300bhp Xantia round the Nurburgring and tell me Gran Turismo is realistic...
ImageImage
=|[PsychoPoet406]|=
1.8 16v

Oh, by the way, to improve the handling on Sega GT, buy all 4 weight reduction upgrades, buy 1.5-way LSD and set it to the max, then lower your car all the way. Also buy the best tyres. Your car will now handle like a rally car. I've got another couple of replays which show my 446bhp 406 absolutely sideways around the Buffalo Ring.
ImageImage
Malachy
2.2 16v

Post by Malachy »

=|[PsychoPoet406]|= wrote:Actually, while Sega GT does have some weird handling physics, I found GT4 to be stale and boring and Sega GT to have a big spark of excitement.

Play GT4 and GT2 back to back and you realise that when they upgraded to the PS2, the Gran Turismo team traded in the fun factor for better graphics. Try "chucking" a 300bhp Xantia round the Nurburgring and tell me Gran Turismo is realistic...
why? you do know the xantia vsx activa held a record for pullingmost g's in a corner in its class, it hasthe ability to corner completly flat due to its duel sphere hydroactive suspension
=|[autozine]|= wrote:At any time, Xantia Activa rolls at most half a degree. This make it not only spectacular to look at, but also improve cornering speed. French magazine L'Automobile tested a Xantia Activa on skidpad and measured an amazing 0.94 g lateral acceleration. This compares competitively with many supercars - NSX managed 0.93 g, Ferrari 512TR 0.92 g, Toyota Supra 0.95 g and Ferrari F40's 1.01 g. This is even more impressive if you consider the Xantia wears just 205/55R15 tyres ! Most cars in its class manage around 0.8 g only !
taken from here
=|[PsychoPoet406]|=
1.8 16v

you do know the xantia vsx activa held a record for pullingmost g's in a corner in its class, it hasthe ability to corner completly flat due to its duel sphere hydroactive suspension
No, no, you've got me all wrong. I used to own a Xantia Activa and I got into the most appalling flame war about its handling. The Xantia Activa can corner harder than just about any car on the road, and a dedicated sports car will not be able to beat a well-driven Activa on the back roads. I know that, you know that, but the rest of the world dumped on me when I posted it on PGTi - I ended up leaving over that. This was back when I was still calling myself NoPoet.

What I meant was, driving a FWD car in GT4 is one of the most tedious exercises I have come across. I'd rather go back to school and spend hours making notes in the margins of "The Merchant of Venice". The handling in GT4 seems way too reined in for my liking. It's much easier to extract performance from cars in Sega GT and Gran Turismo 2.
ImageImage