Second Interview.... What a waste of time

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Second Interview.... What a waste of time

Post by niz406 »

So I get there and they have the worst ever reception area, was stood around in a small dinky room with a phone calling 2 extensions in turn for about 10 minutes trying to get hold of the people interviewing me ! ! No good...

Then the interview starts:

They ask me what I know about the company:

I give them a summary of their webpage content and they seemed happy..

I get asked to go through my CV... like a dick I sent my old CV and not my upto date one ! ! ! DOH ! !

They start the technical questions... he starts going on about Active Directory and Network infrastructure... namely Single Domain multiple site infrastrcuture....

HELLO..... THE ADVERT NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT ACTIVE DIRECTORY... IF IT DID I WOULDN'T HAVE APPLIED AS I'VE NEVER USED IT

So I explained that to him, but answered the question I knew about networking..... then they told me the package employees get... OMG I wouldn't get out of bed for the kind of so called benefits they offer... thats just it they dont offer any benefits ! !

I should bill them for a hour of my time, that they have wasted ! !

The role is technical support analyst, internal looking after 150 users... and the description was building and rolling out PC's and tech calls regarding PC's support, some networking etc.. its a junior role and so how does network architecture and active directory come into it... thats the network administrator / managers role ! ! FFS

RANT OVER
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Next time Niz, send me along in your place! it would be a hoot!

They sounded like a right bunch - STAY AWAY!
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Tell me about it... after 20 minutes I just wanted to pull out a shotgun and shoot them both ! !
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
Welly

Post by Welly »

Well, I have learnt one thing over the years, a lot of Companies are infested with stuffy old wankers who think the World owes them a living.

They take great personal pleasure in 'Grilling' interviewies for fun. There is something terribly wrong when a brilliant person cannot secure a Job because he doesn't quite tick all the boxes at the interview.

Work for yourself, then you don't need to explain yourself to anyone.
Cars in my care:
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Funny you should say that....

http://www.idea-central.co.uk

Is my brain child or at least it will be when I've finished ! ! lol

But thats a side line !
Niz406
--------
Welly

Post by Welly »

Niz, if you can try not to get sucked into the routine of an everyday Job however well paid or good it seems, penny's you make for a Company do not land in your pocket do they?

Your Ideal set up would be a regular Job, whilst persuing your long term goals.

I'll tell you, the last Company I worked for I was doing well (for them anyway), I was managing Construction specialst services projects and it happened that I was lucky to stumble upon a very good client, the work came to me on a plate, prices were negociated (in my favour) and the profits were incredible.

As a quick example, I did a small 6 week project, nice and easy (although a lot of effort from me to keep it running well) but everything went well, the Client was over the moon everything was cool anyway the Company I worked for was paid ?70K for the works and it only COST the Company ?40K.

This continued, I was Golden boy etc etc BUT - after all this I never actually benefitted personally from the success, I was just on the Payroll.

Later we found the Directors, having had a particularly nice year (thanks to me) decided to bury very large sums into their Pensions in order to avoid Income Tax on 'earnings or bonuses'.

:|
Cars in my care:
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Man that sucks, did you beat them with a stick nice and hard ??

So what do you do now?

My ambition is to run my own business employing a small team of skilled people to provide total web / new media / and personal computing needs ! From PC's to wireless networks, installed and configured securely ! ! Even consultancy services covering all IT needs including VoIP. I want to provide total IT solutions to small and medium sized companies, a more personal and intimate relationship between all parties, not just a cold and lifeless call centre environment that most outsources are ! !

I want to make a difference to how IT systems are designed, implemented, and supported !

is that over ambitious ?
Niz406
--------
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

and I want to work for you! :P lol
Thanks,
Nick
DaiRees wrote:I got the "premium" standard fit system in mine, 10 speakers, changer, JBL amp. I'm quite happy with it for listening to the radio / CDs or my "teach yourself Welsh" stuff on the way to work :lol:
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

YOu can work for me if you want... we will need a PHP guy.. you any good with MySQL and SQL Server ?
Niz406
--------
Welly

Post by Welly »

I know only one thing about careers, which has become increasingly obvious over the years....

One needs to 'go the extra mile' to succeed. That doen't mean work your nads off for someone else, it means go the extra mile to succeed personally.

There is a famous saying....''the road to success is paved with many tempting parking places'' and that's pretty much what you do in a Job, you are parked there earning your bread and butter.

Here's another which has shown more relevance than you could ever imagine in your twenties, believe me.....''The early bird catches the worm'.

You should take the 'risk' early on though and not when you are married, house and kids etc.

As for me, I still work in the Construction sector there is my friend and myself together with 10 scruffy blokes and we carry out Thermal Insulation to Buildings A/C ductwork, Heating, Cooling and Domestic pipework systems, not the most profitable trade in the world but good to be a close part of a company and know how much (or not) is in the Bank account. I am office based and do all the Estimating, purchasing, sales, accounts, spend most of my time obtaining relevant information from construction Drawings or, 'Blue Prints' as the Americans say so I can build a price together, (not many of us about).

Welton

Philosophier [spelling?] for the evening
Cars in my care:
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Your Secret is out Welton we now know how you manage to spend so much time on here... you naughty boy, abusing the IT systems at your office for 406 site chatter ! ! ! lol

You have some good philosophy in that there post, but I've got one for you !

The Eager Bever gets a banging ! LMAO

He who thinks first fails to act, he who acts first doesnt think much about his future!

She who is married is fair game, she who is single is on the game!

Hows my philosophy ?
Niz406
--------
Welly

Post by Welly »

Niz406 wrote:Your Secret is out Welton we now know how you manage to spend so much time on here... you naughty boy, abusing the IT systems at your office for 406 site chatter ! ! ! lol

You have some good philosophy in that there post, but I've got one for you !

The Eager Bever gets a banging ! LMAO

He who thinks first fails to act, he who acts first doesnt think much about his future!

She who is married is fair game, she who is single is on the game!

Hows my philosophy ?
Your philosophy my friend is all about shagging birds.

*makes note*

never go out with Niz cos you will get into trouble with Women and Mrs Welton won't be impressed
Cars in my care:
slick
1.8 16v

Post by slick »

I agree with working for yourself. We have our own business (lettings and sales of resdiential properties) and being an agent for someone else is ******* ****. Im buying my own, I don't mind the work, but why work your arse off for someone else? They NEVER, EVER EVER are grateful for it. In fact, if you do make a rare mistake, they hang you for it.
Welly

Post by Welly »

slick wrote:I agree with working for yourself. We have our own business (lettings and sales of resdiential properties) and being an agent for someone else is ******* ****. Im buying my own, I don't mind the work, but why work your arse off for someone else? They NEVER, EVER EVER are grateful for it. In fact, if you do make a rare mistake, they hang you for it.
Your bang on there slick, we live an an age where these poncy modern companies :roll: want you to live the job 24/7, 100% commitment and all that, and yes, one foot wrong and your the worst person they have ever employed. Then come pay review time, they can rub it in your face some more.

I remember nearly loosing my job when a pair of step ladders were stolen off site when I was called away to my pregnant wife in labour, they considered I could have done better, even though I had pulled out all the stops previously to turn round an otherwise bad job for them on site.

There's thanks for you.
Cars in my care:
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Welton wrote: Your bang on there slick, we live an an age where these poncy modern companies :roll: want you to live the job 24/7, 100% commitment and all that, and yes, one foot wrong and your the worst person they have ever employed. Then come pay review time, they can rub it in your face some more.
I worked for a company like that for a short while, when I went to the interview they said "The role requires some flexibility, is that going to be a problem ?"

I was like not at all some flexibility is fine.... OMG thats so didnt happen, there was no SOME flexibilty it was ALL THE TIME Monday to Friday like 6am til 8pm, there was no normal patterns of work

Every day I was leaving home at st00pid o clock in the morning and not getting home till late, I got the sack for questioning the fact that in the iterview I was sold a lie, because the job was not worth the wages they wanted me to work my arse off for peanuts... sod that !

I'M gonna be my own boss !!
Niz406
--------