can we get sound on here

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

trem1
3.0 24v

can we get sound on here

Post by trem1 »

as the title says can we get sounds on here cos it would be great if we could here the diffrent zorst's, i would in particular really like to hear pug 406gtx's cos i'm having a mid-life crisis an want my car to sound meaty . any ideas anyone 8) 8)
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: can we get sound on here

Post by Welly »

trem1 wrote:as the title says can we get sounds on here cos it would be great if we could here the diffrent zorst's, i would in particular really like to hear pug 406gtx's cos i'm having a mid-life crisis an want my car to sound meaty . any ideas anyone 8) 8)
Trem, please don't put a loud zorst on your car, it will just make a comedy farting sound like all the other 'loud zorst brigade' around the town.

There would be no benefit whatsoever, it will be anoying on journeys, you would look a right spacker driving a standard 406 sounding like a strangled fart can, and you will instantly be 'ear marked' by all and the Police.

IMHO sports exhausts should only be (and they only work on) Turbo'd Petrol engines, then they sound good due to the interuption effect of the Turbo charger and they have real performance gains over N/A engines.

My Honda VTEC I had, I had a stainless zorst made with 2 straight through silencers (the biggest ones humanly possible because I said DO NOT make it loud) and it was absolutely shite, and made an appauling sound.

My Honda system was rusted so I thought it would be a good addition to the car, what a mistake, I ended up importing a new Honda system at great expense to replace it with 4 weeks later!

The stainless exhaust actually REDUCED engine torque at lower revs because there was reduced back pressure, however Honda (I since learned) design the standard exhaust around the engine for optimum performane and drivability (something to do with exhaust gas scavenging assisting torque etc.).

Well they were right, I put the Honda system on (minus the CAT which is an effective mod by the way) and all the performance returned.

Now, the only mods I believe in on N/A engines are replacement panel filters (or Induction kit if you can stop it from sucking in hot air) and DE-CAT's and leave the exhaust alone.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
pug406gtx
2.0 16v

Post by pug406gtx »

I will get up an audio file of my zorst before it go's away let me reassure u it sounds nothing like a loud farting noise.

It has a realy nice roar and sounds great in underground car parks lol 8)

You go and get yourself an exhaust give that lion the roar it deserves :cheesy: