Marriage

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: Marriage

Post by Doggy »

Our 'kids' are now 20, 26 & 31 hence the odd cavalier.

Started sensibly enough, with one,
then one to keep him company,
then one as an inducement to get Mrs Doggy to pack in the fags,
then middle daughter got one to keep her company while locum-ing away from home.
Now she comes back home from time to time & we've got four of the beggars.

You wouldn't want to do that with labradors, welly.

Oh, one thing I always wondered. Do volvo owners have some sort of rota for driving labradors up & down motorways? Or is it a sort of group instinct thing?

Like lemmings?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

although my parents arent together my grampa and granny celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary back in september.
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

I think if you're commited to each other then marriage is a wonderful thing.
You go through the same sh1t if you're just living together as you do if you're married.
I won't even mention post natal depression which makes life a living hell for both partners, been there done that twice now and praying it won't happen this time round.
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

my uncle has been with his miss's for 25 years and never married and never will he says...

ive been wth my miss's 10 years now and were not getting married anytime soon...

we have the same surname anyway me and my miss's so what wud change ?
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

weddings as a general observation i made on a few relatives that have got married in the last 5 years are not a cheap event.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

FarmerPug wrote:weddings as a general observation i made on a few relatives that have got married in the last 5 years are not a cheap event.
Weddings are as cheap as you want them to be mate,
some people are lucky as of Tradition where the Father of the bride pays for the wedding ..
My father in law didnt even offer to buy her a Bag of crisp ,

ihad to find all the money for our wedding had no support from any of the inlaws /outlaws,
but they all turned up to fill there boots & get pished,

you will most probs find that all those that have massive weddings limos hotels etc are the ones where familys chip in,
iwas happy with a few piles of cans in my back yard no need for big flashy weddings imho 8)
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

Couldn't agree more mate, your wedding day is as special as you make it without all the fancy trimmings :)
Although I must admit the outlaws paid for ours :supafrisk:
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Well now there's a story attached to that.... My Mrs really really didn't want a big wedding, so one day my FIL said that since we weren't having a big wedding for him to pay for, he'd pay for the honeymoon instead 8) . So after a bit of head scratching and planning we ended up in Southampton with only immediate family in tow, 12 of us altogether. We got married in the registry office, had a lovely meal in a private room of a really quaint pub, got pissed in the hotel bar then the next day we made them all come down to the docks and wave us off as we sailed for the Canaries on P&O's Oriana.... :cheesy: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :P :cheesy: 8) :lol:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

DaiRees wrote:Well now there's a story attached to that.... My Mrs really really didn't want a big wedding, so one day my FIL said that since we weren't having a big wedding for him to pay for, he'd pay for the honeymoon instead 8) . So after a bit of head scratching and planning we ended up in Southampton with only immediate family in tow, 12 of us altogether. We got married in the registry office, had a lovely meal in a private room of a really quaint pub, got pissed in the hotel bar then the next day we made them all come down to the docks and wave us off as we sailed for the Canaries on P&O's Oriana.... :cheesy: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :P :cheesy: 8) :lol:
lucky for you :lol:

if we wouid of asked for the canaries we most probs wouid of got some half dead canaries in a rusty cage from pets at home given us :(
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

DaiRees wrote:Well now there's a story attached to that.... My Mrs really really didn't want a big wedding, so one day my FIL said that since we weren't having a big wedding for him to pay for, he'd pay for the honeymoon instead 8) . So after a bit of head scratching and planning we ended up in Southampton with only immediate family in tow, 12 of us altogether. We got married in the registry office, had a lovely meal in a private room of a really quaint pub, got pissed in the hotel bar then the next day we made them all come down to the docks and wave us off as we sailed for the Canaries on P&O's Oriana.... :cheesy: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :P :cheesy: 8) :lol:
Sounds good that

We had to pay for a fair whack of our wedding, plus buying our first home, and decorating and kiting it out, so much so, we couldn't afford a honeymoon.
100 odd guests cost a fair bit - many you probably hardly don't actually like, but as they say, you can't choice famil :cheesy:

Would of been so much nicer to do as you did.

Anyway couldn't of done us no harm as we are 6 months shy of our 20year anniversary
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

We've been married for 10 years this year, after being together for 5 years previous to that. Marriage changed absolutely nothing, just gave us one of the best days of our lives to remember.

You may be thinking about it too much. I remember being warned by an ex-collegue not to get married becuase everything changes when she gets the ring on her finger. I ignored that advice and glad I did.

(PS having a child, however DID changes things, much more than marriage! But again, for the best)
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

dogslife wrote:Oh, one thing I always wondered. Do volvo owners have some sort of rota for driving labradors up & down motorways? Or is it a sort of group instinct thing?

Like lemmings?
When I bought my Volvo saloon I had to sign a document saying that although I had chosen a Saloon (which cannot carry anything larger than a shoe box) I WILL purchase a V70 Estate within 4 years, there was a sub-section I had to sign about Labradors/Golden Retards...I was in a rush and signed it but I have a feeling it also stated that I must purchase two? dogs and transport them up and down the major trunk routes at least once a week (but not exceeding 65mph).

I keep getting inundated with pet insurance/dog related accessories by Volvo too :?
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

is there any part of that contract which makes putting a caravan onto the back, and hauling it along, or has volvo lost the caravan lugging image?
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

No no they don't wish to be associated with caravanning, they prefer to leave that to people with Kia Sorento's.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Welly wrote:I WILL purchase a V70 Estate within 4 years
Figures. When did the clock start ticking then, welly?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)