Fuel Prices are a Joke

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Fuel Prices are a Joke

Post by highlander »

2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Re: Fuel Prices are a Joke

Post by Gary406 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that made me laugh lol
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

lol,
they shouid of put robbing theiving Barstardos on it not lol,
theyl be burning down the sighns next :lol:
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Who'd do a thing like that? Shocking!

2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

fuel prices are a bleeding joke, when i passed my test in 2008 the prices had just made themselves all lovely, at 80p a litre for petrol i didnt even care about the amount of fuel my fiat used, now though its bleeding expensive, the peugeot is thankfully more economical than my previous cars but its so fecking expensive. It cost me £93 to fill the car last week. The only saving grace is that it last me 5 weeks, that worked out at about £20 per week in fuel not too bad considering i drove it with some joy de vivre. Now on this fill though i have not went about 2000rpm to see if i can get any longer. Dam this is boring, at least coasting down hill you can pick up some pace.
Put the price back down to £1 a litre at least then its not completley depressing seeing the price going higher than the litres. Although on a few trips down south into the ROI i saved £15 on the difference, so it may become a more regular fill up place.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Nowt we can do about high fuel prices just gotta plod on,

igot caught speeding today by a Hidden bright iluminous orange van so idont think iwill be on the road for long,
arr well atleast ican then save up for a lambo :|
Stevem
1.6 8v

Post by Stevem »

With all the current trouble in the Middle East, it wont be long before the oil companies start pushing the price up again. :(
mandelbug
2.0 16v

Post by mandelbug »

at 1.25 a litre, it's not a joke, it's 4p a litre cheaper than I can get it in either London or Leamington Spa :D
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

There are remote communities in the Scottish Highlands where petrol has leapt above £1.35 per litre and diesel is even higher than that.

It's not funny, it's the government robbing its people blind.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

theres a station near me at £1.35.9 per litre, the other station a mile up the road is £1.34.9
Although in the ROI its about £1.15
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

This is very interesting and concurs with something I've been discussing with folk of late.......

Has anyone else noticed, at the weekends, that the roads are markedly more quiet and those who are venturing out are driving more slowly?

I have noticed this and have put it down to a real-world way of cutting back; each journey must be justified and/or pulled-in with another to keep the cost down. This has come about in conjunction with the VAT rise but also under a much bigger impression of the need to cut back due to further increasing costs this year.

I'm ashamed to say, in front of the group, that I engaged the motoring dis-pleasure of using her indoors Arsetray at the weekend to save the Volvo being woken from its slumber for an otherwise uneventful/pointless journey to the recycling [read: we don't know what to do with all your plastic bottles either] depot :|
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Welly wrote:Has anyone else noticed, at the weekends, that the roads are markedly more quiet and those who are venturing out are driving more slowly?
Yes. Most folk I see on the dual carriageways round here are doing 60 at the most.

I zoom right past them, because it is fun to drive my car at proper motorway speeds :cheesy:
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Highlander, seen yesterday:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
kevtherev
2.0 Turbo

Post by kevtherev »

:arrowu: :arrowu: :lol:
is it not the law though that what ever a shop displays their prices at they have to charge that..? could be a legal loophple there ......
you would need photographic evidence with a date and time stamp to back it up though :supafrisk:
1999 d8 1.8 petrol - died at 85163
51 plate hdi 110
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Cause - current cost of fuel, effect - people drive slowly to conserve said fuel.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.