and today i have mostly been...

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

mjb
Site Admin

Re: and today i have mostly been...

Post by mjb »

steve_earwig wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:30 pm In less important news, YoyoII got serviced today, with new summer tyres shoved on

880 squirrels a piece (about 100 quid), No experience of Incontinentals but the reviews put them marginally better than the other rubbish available here. All dated this year, surprisingly.
I'm in the process of getting all 4 of the AMG's replaced with Continentals. Bit of a pain in the wallet...

The fronts were fine other than a nail right next to the sidewall, so there's £360 for a pair, and the rears are pretty damn worn on the inside, so that's £500 for them, then alignment and at nearly a grand all in, it's more for one set of tyres than I paid to buy any of my 406s!!! :shock:

On the happy side, I got the fronts done immediately but it's going to be another week before the rears arrive, so I've got some time to turn traction control off and have some fun reducing the old ones to clouds :supafrisk:
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

A grand! :shock: That's more than almost all of the cars I've ever owned (in the UK :roll: ) And I thought I was hard done-by (the average wage in Croatia is about 500 quid a month...)

Annie is shut in upstairs, no sign of any little extras just yet. She's quite calm now but it started off with e bit of a panic as she didn't know what a litter tray was for, despite me showing them to her several times - queue lots of frantic searching for an exit. Eventually she started digging in a flower pot, so I took her to a litter tray and demonstrated digging in it, then the penny finally dropped.

Teatime's lump did indeed turn out to be an abscess from a bite, so he's been to the vet's every morning since for a clean and antibiotics and he seems almost back to normal.

Apple stump - I've dug a trench around it about 2' deep but there's more roots heading straight down. I had a pretty good go at it yesterday but no joy, I even tried splitting it. Neighbour Kruno suggested we try tugging it out with his tractor, but that'll have to be next week as it's now Easter and we're not supposed to do anything in the soil. Bluddy Catholics :roll:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

Summer tyres :shock: I've just paid £100 for a pair of all year round ones - and I thought they were expensive. :frown:

Peter
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Presumably they're a sensible size, more commonly available and therefore cheaper.

Hold on, all year round? Is that normal tyres (aka summer tyres) or all season? I've had them on 2 cars (Ni$$an Navara and YoyoyII) and they were pretty damn crap in the snow.

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

This morning, with t'wife and sis-in-law in Karlovac, er, shopping. Ah yes, I do enjoy following t'wife around looking at clothes :roll: Bank Horrorday weekend so the carpark was full, mostly uninspiring moderns, apart from

Oh dear
I guess at least it's still on the road. It actually breaks the shape up quite well, like the dazzle patterns on early WWII battleships. I imagine it'll be destroyed by someone who didn't see it coming.

Also

Looked pretty good from a distance, close up it was a mass of runs.

Looked prepared for a weekend of open air debauchery, complete with cool boxes, burger buns and crate of the nasty local lager...

With nothing else worth looking at I found an area of scrub land out the back full of weeds and went herb-spotting. I can't find any jack-by-the-hedge here, weird.

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

Are they still going?

Peter
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

I've no idea, I just wanted to post something to celebrate the, er, holiday, or whatever it is.

Why are we drying clothes in the tumble drier when it's a nice sunny day outside? Because it's Easter. Oh ffs bluddy catholics :roll:

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I quite like the Kadett there, my best mate after school had one, his had a boot so I guess was a Saloon, rear end liked to have a go at steering I remember :shock:

I had a nice weekend, the weather was fine so I managed to:

Gardening
Ironing in the Garden (try before you dismiss)
Washed and hoovered 2 cars
Cleaned the Volvo's leather seats
Cooked for 4 people for 4 days
Tidied my tools in the garage
Fitted a Hydraulic 'door closer' to the garage back door
Sat down for 2.6 minutes.......
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
hullcitytilidie
1.8 8v

Post by hullcitytilidie »

....biting my nails and pacing up and down. MOT time! But she sailed through - another year with the old girl! :cheesy:
2003 2.2 HDi 136 Exec estate.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

I always worry, I always think there's going to be something. And I'd be doubly-screwed here if it was something major. When I had the bike done last year the tester commented on it, I pointed out a) lack of waterproofs and b ) the approaching thunderstorm...

Busy weekend there Welters :shock: I've not ironed in a few years but I can see the point. I used to do it watching telly, this'll date it? Das Boot the series was on. I also hoovered and washed YoyoII as it was awful. I didn't do any gardening tho, bluddy catholics. Of course, now I'm allowed it's pelting it down.

In other news - K I T T E N S !! :shock: :shock: :shock: I took t'wife & sis-in-law to the spa this morning and just got back, rushed upstairs to check on Annie (had my suspicions) to find the kittens are just arriving. Looks like 4 or 5 so far, all tabby unfortunately but one grey. She's purring her head off but I think it's best to leave her to it, she's got a much better idea than I have.

Cor, imagine being able to put their real date of birth on the card, rather than making one up. That'll make a change :cheesy:

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Welly

Post by Welly »

Is is that car giving birth? :o

I can see teetage and then mess down at the firing end.
Cars in my care:
Welly

Post by Welly »

Oh hang on....just spotted the kitten(s) :cheesy:
Cars in my care:
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Yeah, it's a bit, er, leaky. Apparently I can find another box, move Annie and kittens into it, clean this one up and she'll move the kittens back. Er, not sure if I want to touch them :shock:

Spot the kitten...