and today i have mostly been...

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Re: and today i have mostly been...

Post by sirwiggum »

I'm late 20s and need about 9 hours sleep.

But if I go to bed too early I can't sleep!

I'm designed for a 28 hour day.
1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

I hate the fact that if I wake up, then that's usually it

Today didn;t need to get up till 6.30/6.45, but I was awake at 4, and just couldn't get back to sleep
I don't think that's my body telling me i've had enough sleep, as sometimes that happens and I feel ruff as feck and yawning half the day
I'm not one who can sleep during the day either
Work has not been brilliant for quite a while and often i'm earning less than minimum pay, and a friend knows this and said he could swing me a job at his place, working 9pm till 5.30am 5 days a week for £400 a week driving a forklift
I have a forklift licence so no problem, but working nights, no thanks, like I say i'm not a night person, i'm a morning person, plus i've done nights on a short term before and it just ain't for me, although it seems to really suit him.
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Ive had a fork lift licence for a few years, Counter balance & Reach,
it cost me over £1,500,

worked for a few agencys, etc, never again, :(
if you take up a job as flt driver, Grab the bull by the horns before you apcept the job, and tell them your a flt driver nothing more,
they had me loading up containers by hand, ithink some companys use FLT drivers as joeys,
sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Post by sirwiggum »

I've done nights in the petrol station years ago.

More of a night person, it's great thinking you're one of the few people still up. Especially 3am drives 8) well maybe not in sunglasses lol

Not a morning person, and people think its lazy if you cant get up at 7am on the dot.
1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

sirwiggum wrote:I've done nights in the petrol station years ago.

More of a night person, it's great thinking you're one of the few people still up. Especially 3am drives 8) well maybe not in sunglasses lol

Not a morning person, and people think its lazy if you cant get up at 7am on the dot.
i'm with you, i did my last 2 years at bt working nights and it suited me down to the wotsit. i've always been an insomniac and never could get the hang of 6am starts even after about 18 years. That's a ridiculous time and should be banned. it took me a week or so to get used to it but most of that was realising the massive headaches were due to dehydration. finishing work and going home to bed made much more sense to me too, i never had to set an alarm clock or anything.

For the insomnia i have been proscribed some pills here but i don't take them that often, I guess it helps not needing to get up at silly o'clock but the mere fact i have them means i don't get frustrated not being able to sleep - all i have to do is pop a pill! - so it's no big deal. it's just like the pills i have for my migraines, i don't panic and make things worse 'cos im in control now.

better living through chemistry :cheesy:

so anyway, i've been to see the neurosurgeon and he reckons i'm not really bad enough to warrant surgery just yet and he's referred me back to the physio :roll: i've actually been feeling a bit better for the last couple of days (it's possibly a coincidence but that's since i stopped doing the electric torture the physio had me doing :frown: ) so i guess i would like to give it a try. if there's no great improvement over the next 3 weeks then it'll be surgery after all. the thing is no matter which way it goes my back will never be 100% again so if surgery's not going to be any sort of miracle cure i'd rather avoid it if there's a chance it's not necessary.

i'll still be getting a second opinion though :wink:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Good luck Steve,
ihope you Recover withought the need for surgery,

ipersonaly Hate the thought of surgery its one of my fears, im suposed to have an op, to remove a lump in my stomache, and to sort out my Hernias,
id rather live with the pain before id go thru with it.
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

If I could have an op to remove the lump of my stomach i'd be there in a shot :lol: :lol: :lol:
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

iplucked up the courage to go thru with the op once,
but unfortunatly, inearly bled to death,

its put me off going for another try, its not something i couid go thru again,
and to top it off 6mths after that ihad a stroke , id rather just take each day as it comes now, :(

The bulimic girl next door kept me awake in the early hours this morning,so i banged on the wall and shouted,"For f*ck's sake keep it down"
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Steve, I was having Chiropractic treatment before my disc popped and the Consulting Surgeon told me that treatment was the likely cause of the disc failure :shock: it's just happened to a friend of ours too, same story. I used to go to the Chiropractor once a week and it used to hurt like hell afterwards for days.......then I'd go back for more....... :frown:

Tip for sleeping problem:

I don't suffer too much but can be found waking up at 04:00 am and my brain 'switches on' and I struggle to rest again. I normally get up for work at 05:30, I like this time of day and find the early hours very productive for me.

If struggling to get back to sleep I have found very very helpful is counting in my head - but not the usual counting!......I start at, say, 76 and I'll say in my head '77'...'76'...'76'...'75'....'75'....'74'....'74'...'73'... and so on, but counting rather slowly, in time to my breathing rhythm - I very rarely finish the list and sometimes only get down to 60 or something. There is something about the Human brain that finds counting out of sequence very tiring and confusing and literally bores you to sleep! it's also just enough to completely occupy your thoughts in something mundane. Counting upwards in normal fashion is too 'easy' for the brain and sends you off thinking about other things whilst counting so is not very effective.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Welly wrote:Tip for sleeping problem:

I don't suffer too much but can be found waking up at 04:00 am and my brain 'switches on' and I struggle to rest again. I normally get up for work at 05:30, I like this time of day and find the early hours very productive for me.

If struggling to get back to sleep I have found very very helpful is counting in my head - but not the usual counting!......I start at, say, 76 and I'll say in my head '77'...'76'...'76'...'75'....'75'....'74'....'74'...'73'... and so on, but counting rather slowly, in time to my breathing rhythm - I very rarely finish the list and sometimes only get down to 60 or something. There is something about the Human brain that finds counting out of sequence very tiring and confusing and literally bores you to sleep! it's also just enough to completely occupy your thoughts in something mundane. Counting upwards in normal fashion is too 'easy' for the brain and sends you off thinking about other things whilst counting so is not very effective.
I've tried to read this three times now and keep nodding off.

Did you find it on the Volvo forum, welly?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I've just read it back and realised I typed the number sequence wrongly :roll:

It goes: 76..77..75..76..74..75..73..74..72..73..........etc

See, that makes more sense you have to recall the number BEFORE last in a decreasing sequence. It always works for me.

cbbbbbbbbbbbd\zmmmmmmmmmmaf ccccnnnnnnnnnnnnnn cmmmmm\zxbcv xzmbcbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbcxnvzxczxzxzx zzzzzzzzxxxxxcnvvvvvvm

*sorry, just nodded off, against the bottom row of the keyboard*
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Welly wrote:Steve, I was having Chiropractic treatment before my disc popped and the Consulting Surgeon told me that treatment was the likely cause of the disc failure :shock: it's just happened to a friend of ours too, same story. I used to go to the Chiropractor once a week and it used to hurt like hell afterwards for days.......then I'd go back for more....... :frown:
I've never been to a cai...chi... bone cracker and it's pretty much the first thing my GP warned me against doing :shock:

And today I have been... shopping :( once more my wife's inability to drive is proving to be a complete pain. As well as the bit where she walks round the store trying to remember if there's anything else :roll:

I've just been back to my GP again for another referral to the physio (last time I had to pay to see him because I didn't want to waste a couple of days getting a referral :evil:). The wife is now back at work & teaching from home, and just like my wife the gp works weird shifts that often mean they're working at the same time so I'm kind of having to do it myself - of course none of them speak any English :frown:

mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

plod wrote:I hate the fact that if I wake up, then that's usually it
Me too. unfortunately I now have a 6 month old baby in the bedroom meaning it happens a couple of times a week at stupid o'clock :cry:
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Swift update: This morning I've been back to the hostable (one of many) in ZG for tests to see how much nerve damage I have. It involved some physical stuff (down, uuuuuuuuuuuup...) pulling & pushing with my toes, feet & legs, being jabbed with a pin (ouch!), having electrodes pushed into some of my muscles and measurements taken as I pushed & pulled again (OUCH!) and finally having electricity applied to my skin in various places (AAAAAARGH!).

Result: Not as bad as it looks on the MRI, back to the physio I go.

I am steadily improving, Tuesday I managed to mow the grass here and I only really got into trouble when I put the mower away (turned round and :shock: that was me for a while) Apparently this will take months to fix, even when it stops hurting I'll still have to be careful for a time. Meanwhile the jobs keep piling up :( :(

puggy
Resident Pervert

Post by puggy »

finally having electricity applied to my skin in various places (AAAAAARGH!).
and we all know what sort of people used to be given that treatment !! :twisted: :twisted:

seriously though steve slowly slowly does it mate , very easy to reverse the healing
process by doing too much ....
.. ooh are those drugs for me Matron