and today i have mostly been...

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: and today i have mostly been...

Post by Welly »

....venturing out for two part-worn tyres for the poxhorl asretray...ready for her indoors to travel 100 miles tomorrow on her own.....wish me luck :)
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

She doesn't do that much then or are you expecting something to go seriously wrong again?
OllieNZ wrote:All the best Steve, I hope they can figure out what the problem is.
Cheers guys, I think they eliminated everything serious now so it'll just be something annoying. I'm fully expecting them to say get more exercise (I already tried that, it made my headache worse) and to give up smoking (I tried that too, I preferred the headache.)
lozz wrote:Ah yeah. they handed me Headphone's..or iirc they thrown em on my head,
and then brought out the two 'wedges.

the 'headphones was there for them to tell me off if 'iflinched,

Stomache probs' done help..acid reflux, so its hard to stay still, 'but they dont care,

They dont use the inside of the hospital for it up here...they walk you to a hidden carpark..and walk you up into the 'cattle waggon parked up.,

'and promptly..unwelcomly..greeted by a stone faced' scouse'r.. they aint good with paperwork,

they asked me after id been in the thing if 'id ever had metal in my eye's.

Bit late now..huh ive already been through the frikin thing. :(
After you with the reflux, mine is only bad at night though (and I have pills...)

Wouldn't the MRI machine remove any metal you have in your eyes? I'm presuming you mean bits of swarf etc. rather than you're bionic. The young lady that works in the bar I go in a lot near my mate is only doing bar work while she qualifies as a radiologist. She used to have an eyebrow piercing but I noticed she'd stopped wearing it. Why's that then? It seems she was doing some training on the MRI machine and... ping! :shock:

Before I went in I was asked if I had a pacemaker or any sort of implant. Er, no. Remove jumper, shoes, belt, remove money etc. from trousers. Here, hold on, wouldn't it be easier to just take me trousers off? It was fairly cool in there yes.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Wouldn't the MRI machine remove any metal you have in your eyes?

^ not sure what damadge it wouid do, if any. ('scarey to think)

i rember hearing of someone 'forgetting he had key's on him,and they tore through the machine, :shock:
it must be one big power full magnet to be in,

As for the machine-idont think its too bad really..its just the boredom,and not being able to move.

'Andthey say' theres no side affects,but ifeel rough afterward's.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

It's an extremely powerful magnet, yes. Hopefully they have insurance for such srew-ups, I'd hate to be handed the bill anyway...

Yeah, I felt like crap afterwards, I put it down to the enforced immobility. My eyes were pretty screwy for a while after too. Thinking about it, given the relationship between electricity and magnetism and the fact our nerves run on tiny electric charges, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do some amount of disruption.

lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

ifelt dizzy and sick after it,which lasted afew days,

i'dont think iwill be going back for another go,in the machine,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... r-ear.html
Welly

Post by Welly »

....sorting out the dodgy cold tap in the bathroom...this normally means remove the head assembly, strip and lubricate and put back....NOT this time! f*cking thing wouldn't budge, I've now replaced TWO taps with new (urgent B&Q dash) I've cut my finger with a dirty screwdriver (don't ask) and have pulled a muscle in my LEG :?
Cars in my care:
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

...reassembling and refitting the 807's alternator after changing the brushes/slip rings/bearings
(any of you who think access is poor on a 406 should try one of these babies - alternator will only come out via the wheelarch after removing the aux belt idler, a/c compressor, screenwash bottle and about another dozen items). :roll:
I'm currently waiting on the battery charging enough to start it, so I can see if it works, or gets the Viking funeral.

Watch this space.....
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Welly

Post by Welly »

Sounds like a nice* job all you needed to top it off was for it to be dark. And raining.
Cars in my care:
Welly

Post by Welly »

Here's the part-worns I picked up for the rear of the Astra, £50.00 for the PAIR and the nice chap spent AGES de-crapping the inner rims and painting rubberised sealant on them to stop them weeping (as they had been with weekly top-ups).

I reckon for the money, the fact they replaced cracked tyres, and one with a screw in it, they're perfect for a car than never see's more than 60mph and they're quiet too.

Spot the noo discs? £180.00 them. Caved in in the end and got 'my' garage to fit them at a slightly* discounted price. I think we're keeping the Astra for at least another year so it's not all money down the drain in fact after the garage (and a customer there) said how nice it was 'for an Astra' I've started to notice it is quite good compared to most and might start preserving the thing, it's been very very reliable to be fair.
Cars in my care:
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

How old are the tyres?[/voice of doom] They look pretty good anyway, and 50 quid the pair makes them almost disposable...

Could you not have had the disks skimmed? :supafrisk:
Doggy wrote:...reassembling and refitting the 807's alternator after changing the brushes/slip rings/bearings
I didn't think anyone did that any more :shock: I didn't think you could get the parts, plus I didn't think they were made to be repaired without special tools. Alternator crapped out? You'll need a new one then.
Welly wrote:....sorting out the dodgy cold tap in the bathroom...this normally means remove the head assembly, strip and lubricate and put back....NOT this time! f*cking thing wouldn't budge, I've now replaced TWO taps with new (urgent B&Q dash) I've cut my finger with a dirty screwdriver (don't ask) and have pulled a muscle in my LEG :?
Very fond of their monoblocks are the Croats, if your tap drips all you need to do is change the plastic valve insert thing, cheap as chips. They also have stopcocks everywhere, yank-style.

Welly

Post by Welly »

The old discs we found were mega shot on the 'other' side you don't see, I've never seen a fully-rusted brake disc surface no wonder they were vibrating/shuddering, they went in the bin.

I couldn't see the date stamp on the tyres but seeing how rubber cracks like mad after 5/6 years these ones look very recent/new. I like the part worn tyre place, there was loads of tread on the 'cracked' tyres but they binned them and I was left to inspect the 'new' tyres for ages before choosing a pair.
Cars in my care:
Doggy

Post by Doggy »

steve_earwig wrote:
Doggy wrote:...reassembling and refitting the 807's alternator after changing the brushes/slip rings/bearings
I didn't think anyone did that any more :shock: I didn't think you could get the parts, plus I didn't think they were made to be repaired without special tools. Alternator crapped out? You'll need a new one then.
When my alternator packed in I did just that, but since this is my daughter's I thought I'd try and save them some money. Cheapest replacement I could find was about £100, could get an unwarranted one from the scrappy for £20 but chances are it wouldn't be much better.
Found an Irish auto electric repair guy's video on Yewtube which made it look easy*. (Can't be that hard - I managed it). :roll:
£9 for the bits including postage. :)

....it started and charges! :shock:
Welly

Post by Welly »

Well that's all your really getting with a service exchange unit; a few quid in parts and a quick lick of paint.

......today my lad contacted me from his student house (5 lads sharing) one of them has been struggling to dry his washing so went to the Launderette (45 seconds away literally) but complained it cost £5.00 there....the solution? - buy a Hairdryer :?

So he intends waving a Hairdryer at his wet clothes for god knows how long :? best* bit is they're on a pre-pay lecky meter :roll:

Students eh? [facepalm]
Cars in my care:
Doggy

Post by Doggy »

Not typical or rational student behaviour. :shock:
Welly wrote:....the solution? - borrow a Hairdryer :?
Oh, and some coins for the meter.

There, that's better! 8)
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Doggy wrote:Not typical or rational student behaviour. :shock:
I thought that when I reached the word "washing" :shock: