De-fapping a 407

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

ToddM
2.0 Turbo

De-fapping a 407

Post by ToddM »

Hey guys! Well the question of the day is how do you defap a 407 2 litre HDI - is it possible, is it safe, is it cheap and what options are there to improve fuel economy on one of them? Sorry for the load of questions but the Astra isn't that comfy and spacious inside so looking along the lines of another french cruiser :)
Captain Jack wrote:On a serious note, I managed to get my knob off after some persuasive yanking. Then used some epoxy to put the new one on. Glue still setting now so haven't had the chance to test it.
steve_earwig wrote:Ooh-er mrs. :shock:
iangt4
2.0 16v

Re: De-fapping a 407

Post by iangt4 »

ToddM wrote:Hey guys! looking along the lines of another french cruiser :)
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
To rebuild the impossible is possible by making it become a passion..... Oct 2001 406 2.2HDi 16v Executive..... A work in progress :D
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

ToddM wrote:Hey guys! Well the question of the day is how do you defap a 407 2 litre HDI - is it possible, is it safe, is it cheap and what options are there to improve fuel economy on one of them? Sorry for the load of questions but the Astra isn't that comfy and spacious inside so looking along the lines of another french cruiser :)
yep its possible and been done many times, best advice is look on other 'peugeotforums' if you get what i mean and have a looky there, fuel wise i'm getting mid 40's out of mine mostly town driving and i'm not light-footed either

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement
ToddM
2.0 Turbo

Post by ToddM »

iangt4 wrote:
ToddM wrote:Hey guys! looking along the lines of another french cruiser :)
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Not that kind of french cruiser! :lol:

trem1 wrote:
ToddM wrote:Hey guys! Well the question of the day is how do you defap a 407 2 litre HDI - is it possible, is it safe, is it cheap and what options are there to improve fuel economy on one of them? Sorry for the load of questions but the Astra isn't that comfy and spacious inside so looking along the lines of another french cruiser :)
yep its possible and been done many times, best advice is look on other 'peugeotforums' if you get what i mean and have a looky there, fuel wise i'm getting mid 40's out of mine mostly town driving and i'm not light-footed either
Thanks mate!
Captain Jack wrote:On a serious note, I managed to get my knob off after some persuasive yanking. Then used some epoxy to put the new one on. Glue still setting now so haven't had the chance to test it.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

You'll need access to a Galletto 1260 or similar.

If you send me a copy of your ecu file, I can make the nasty dpf function go away. :supafrisk:
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
ToddM
2.0 Turbo

Post by ToddM »

dogslife wrote:You'll need access to a Galletto 1260 or similar.

If you send me a copy of your ecu file, I can make the nasty dpf function go away. :supafrisk:
Even for a 407, doggy? Can you also improve fuel economy somehow via the map itself or would I have to take it to a garage to do that? :lol:

Technically if I follow your 406 guide (roughly) it should still work, right? :)
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

ToddM wrote:
dogslife wrote:You'll need access to a Galletto 1260 or similar.

Even for a 407, doggy? Can you also improve fuel economy somehow via the map itself or would I have to take it to a garage to do that? :lol:
I can 'untick' the DPF fuction & send you the de-fapped file back, but don't have any know-how on tuning / remapping
Technically if I follow your 406 guide (roughly) it should still work, right? :)
If you mean take it off & batter the FAP out of it, then yes, it should still work.

I would prove the software works before reaching for the hammer.......

(I accept no responsibility if you cock it up & break something).
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
ToddM
2.0 Turbo

Post by ToddM »

Thanks mate, on the hunt for a 407 at this exact moment! My personal favorite so far:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Any opinions? I think I can handle the ball joints replacing and the de-FAP :roll:
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

ToddM wrote:Thanks mate, on the hunt for a 407 at this exact moment! My personal favorite so far:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Any opinions? I think I can handle the ball joints replacing and the de-FAP :roll:
oi thats my car :) :) ok the same as :wink:
at 91,000 miles the dpf is probably gonna need looking at soon, but may have been done recently...so check
the balljoints will have been changed at that mileage and could even be the newer upgraded model...again check
also the central display is known to fade with heat so if/when you go for a test have the heating/climate on hot and watch for fading, can take up to 20/30 mins but if theres no sign after that it should be fine.

Its a peugeot so check ALL electrics :roll:

make sure you get heat/cold air from both sides ie: passenger and driver as some have had an issue with the heater and its an expensive cost £1000+ mostly labour as the dash has to come out

other than that its just the usual second hand car stuff

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement
ToddM
2.0 Turbo

Post by ToddM »

Thank you, very helpful! Any word on the 1.6s? Are they that asthmatic?