parts to remove

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

parts to remove

Post by Gary406 »

ive removed a good few bits now that i may need in the future. from my old D8
its being taken away in the next 5 days so wanna get off bits i may need

can you all name some so i can make a list so i dint forget..
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: parts to remove

Post by steve_earwig »

Og lordy, I've been there and it's always stuff you'd never think of, and you have a mountain of stuff at the back of the garage you'll never need :roll:

All relays, fuses, fuse panels and ecus together with their connectors
I'd guess you have all the fuel pump etc.already
calipers
handbrake backplates if they're any cop
all the heater actuators
Rack, pump and hydraulic lines
any of the suspension any good?
I guess some of this stuff will depend how it's been collected/delivered
wiper motor
brake m/cylinder & servo
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

ive took some stuff off but not all the stuff you said ste. guy gave me £150 for it allready so he said i can take small bits off but nothing heavy . cos it will lower his price when scrapping it in ...

im just taking all the stuff ive replaced on it.

throttle cable
clutch cable
temperature sensors
relays for the fan on radiator

etc etc . not to bothered about the fuel pump ... there not crazy expensive if it does go which they dont seem to :supafrisk:

as soon as my new MOT and tax disc arrives back from my plate transfer it will be gone :cry: :cry: :cry: bit gutted really had it 3 years and it was a great car best i ever had upto now .
gotta get my leathers out as well yet and front fogs removed . not forgetting relays for these as well

tons to do yet in next few days
midsmike
3.0 24v

Post by midsmike »

well i think ur mad whats wrong with the car u should strip it then tow it in ur self u will get more money that way pluss u can take off wat ever u want my dad has a ford transit that the engine just went on and he just got a new 1 the same so we are stripping the old 1 cutting it up so it will fit in the back of the new 1 and weighing it in
1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td executive saloon silver,d9 mods 18" dare v2 alloys In Phase XTC 6.5″ 240W Component Speakers up front and Vibe Slick 6x9 Three Way Speakers - Slick 693 in the rear runing off a Alpine MRV-F307 V12 Series amp and a vibe cbr 12 twin evo sub in the boot. 1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td lx saloon red
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

gary
it dosnt matter what you save you can bet money that the next part you need will be on the car you scrapped!
but dont worry iam sure il be able to sell you it :cheesy: :cheesy:
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

midsmike wrote:well i think ur mad whats wrong with the car u should strip it then tow it in ur self u will get more money that way pluss u can take off wat ever u want my dad has a ford transit that the engine just went on and he just got a new 1 the same so we are stripping the old 1 cutting it up so it will fit in the back of the new 1 and weighing it in
oil and water mixing. then alternator went and car died. as well as steering snaking as well as being really slow. so after it died (battery) i just bought another d8 1.9 that pulls a lot lot more than my knacked one...
i just wanted a change as well . it had been in an accident when the car was 2 years old. sum crap driver scraped all down one side when it was stationary .
so 1 side had been painted. and was noticable by far which anoyed me...

anyway im very happy now got a mint d8 1.9 in bright red . mint bodywork all panels are in mint condition no color difference on this one .. solid car to say its done 164k miles. just had timing belt done waterpump and auxbelt.
once i get my leather trim fitted and other bits it will be as good if not better than my other one ....
ToddM
2.0 Turbo

Post by ToddM »

You mean the XUD? Shame that, it was a good car! I'd suggest taking off the fuel pump, injectors, ECU, all the immobiliser-related electronics including the transponder in the key. The whole package for a decent bosch pump could potentially be worth quite a lot!
Captain Jack wrote:On a serious note, I managed to get my knob off after some persuasive yanking. Then used some epoxy to put the new one on. Glue still setting now so haven't had the chance to test it.
steve_earwig wrote:Ooh-er mrs. :shock:
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

i tried to sell the pump and injectors on ebay for £50. had no buyers . so not bothering now mate ....taking of stuff ive bought on the car thats all. rest is going with car next week
ToddM
2.0 Turbo

Post by ToddM »

Is it okay if I suggest you sell it on another forum? Namely the turbo diesel owners club. I'm sure that the whole package would have a buyer there. Good luck with your new motor fella, she looks mint :)
Captain Jack wrote:On a serious note, I managed to get my knob off after some persuasive yanking. Then used some epoxy to put the new one on. Glue still setting now so haven't had the chance to test it.
steve_earwig wrote:Ooh-er mrs. :shock:
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

cheers mate 8)