Puddle in foot well help

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: Puddle in foot well help

Post by FarmerPug »

I'm just not sure the cills and footwell are connected, there is no holes in the footwells leading to the cill.
(I think not 100% sure but i don't remember seeing that sort of hole when i had the carpet pulled back on the car i broke last year)

If waters leaking round the sunroof it seems to come down the a pillars, on cars with the alarm sensors it likes to drip out through there (I've had that a few times in the past)
You can drill the cills if you want, but its best just to reopen the original drain holes, they are in the jacking points the metal is supposed to flap open between the two sheets of metal and whatever happens between bad jacking up and muck on the roads these clog up, a flathead screwdriver and possibly a hammer is all thats needed to open the old holes, this is better because if you drill the cills then you will need to galvanise the hole so that it won't corrode.
About the thing under the wheel arch liner i don't think its a drain plug (although I've never removed it yet) but instead i think its for inspection or inserting the paint/waxoyl.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

U phoned Peugeot for a new seal for sun roof I nearly sh*t my self £88 just for seal are they taking the piss or wat ?
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

midsdaz wrote:U phoned Peugeot for a new seal for sun roof I nearly sh*t my self £88 just for seal are they taking the piss or wat ?
thats the dealers :cheesy:, unfortunately its unlikely to get it anywhere else breakers cars will have seals in the same state, and i doubt many companies make seals for the 406.
Is this the seal that goes round the glass bit, is it hard to get the glass panel out?
they charge £88 pound for that but the sealing sheets are £25 and they must all be new old stock because the glue on them is all hard, its a ridiculous price for the same stuff they use to package new tv's
sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Post by sirwiggum »

I remember Xantia owners dreading a puddle in the footwell, as it usually meant the heater matrix was leaking, and it was well in behind the dash, nice expensive awkward job.

One day I found something leaking in passenger footwell, I checked and it was oily, was a bottle of olive oil I'd got from the shop had spilt a little! Was never so glad to see a spillage in my life! :cheesy:
1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

Well it's been raining day and carpet is dry so in hoping I have solved it by clearing the pipe I'll have a go at clearing the sill the weekend ad keep a eye in my carpet and hope it don't come bk the only thing I did do diffrent is park facing up hill instead of down but at home it was parked flat all night and still nothing
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

I threaded a wire in through the door grommet, but to do that i took off the sill trim on the inside, and i could see the carpet, i lifted that back and i could see the sill, there doesn't seem to be any big holes between the sill and the cabin there is one in the middle of the front door which is quite small and square:
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

Right 3 rd pic down if u follow it to ye left as it hits the bend u should see the joining of the metal
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

The metal is joined tidy all the way along there is no gaps on mine, any of the sealant was applied the time i had the leak coming from the door sheal sheets i thought the door rubber seals were faulty so put some sealant in, and there is some waxoyl there aswell hence the slightly untidy look of the metal, but it does keep rust away.

here is a closer view of the curve of the door:
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

I'll get a pic of mine and show u I'll sort it out tommrow
Archangel
2.0 Turbo

Post by Archangel »

water in footwell , mine was bloody matrix , pain in the arse job !but after 202k miles not too bad i suppose
Replacement !
1998 2.1 TD LX Estate Red 196,000 TURBO DIESEL XUD11BTE "Alice " 200 k just hit yesterday 17/2/2012 not bio yet , smooth box , lovely runner

1997 1.9 TD GLX Estate Black XUD9TE " Norma " now sold
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

Well so far so good cleaned the sunroof drain pipes out and it's been fine and it's rain every day for the last week
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

midsdaz wrote:Well so far so good cleaned the sunroof drain pipes out and it's been fine and it's rain every day for the last week
well done that should keep the leak away for a good while
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

I'm hoping so I'm going to strip it all out again once I get nice weather just to check everythink over properly
bangernom1cs
2.0 16v

Post by bangernom1cs »

Its worth just checking the drain holes at the sunroof end.
I have to do mine once a year as crud seems to collect at the top end deep inside the roof drain tubes themselves.
water runs out (over the top), down the pillar and into the footwell.
A good dose of carb cleaner,gunk and strong detergent wooks if you take off the drain tube and blow upwards along the tube from where it meets the scuttle bulkhead area after removing from the pillar. a kettle of very hot water afterwards helps.ImageImageImage
Snip off the end of the tube helps the flow and the sucking and blowing action.

T