Today I saw my first....

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Today I saw my first....

Post by steve_earwig »

That's the heap, almost the same colour too.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

sirwiggum wrote:Saw a few Logans in Spain.

Don't look too bad for a cheap car. A cross between a Renault 9/Pug 309 and a mk2 Clio

it looks like its been built out of loads of left over car parts,

perhaps car Manafacturers have a jumble sale,

abit like the Daewoo nexia, that was built out of parts that vauxhall didnt want
sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Post by sirwiggum »

Daewoo had been building mk2 Astras for years, even when Vauxhall/Opel were building and selling them.

Just so happened when Vauxhall/Opel stopped selling them it gave Daewoo an oppurtunity to enter the UK market with it.

Also called Asüna GT (Canada, 1991–1993 hatchback)
Asüna SE (Canada, 1991–1993 sedan)
Daewoo 1.5i (Australia)
Daewoo Fantasy (Thailand) :shock:
Daewoo Racer
Daewoo Pointer
Passport Optima (Canada, 1988–1991)
Pontiac LeMans
Daewoo Cielo
Daewoo Heaven
Daewoo Nexia
Daewoo Racer
Daewoo Super Racer
Chevrolet Nexia

They still sell it

1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

ibought one about 6 years ago, 1.5 glxi it went like a rocket,

ipaid daft money for it, just shy of 2k for a P reg, altho it only had 21k on the clock it belonged to an old lady, well looked after,
traded it in in the end for a ford galaxy, always wished ididnt ,

you dont see them for sale anymore up here, so ithink they will be on the collectors list or not far off,.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

They're Racers here, usually falling to bits too...

lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAEWOO-NEXIA- ... 43b1ba5e1d (shed)

only the one on ebay. iguess not many left,
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

There're also Dacia Supernovas here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacia_SupeRNova

Blimey, I thought by their condition they were something from the 80's :shock:

sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Post by sirwiggum »

That Nexia is half tempting due to the mileage.

The Dacia Champagne SuperNova looks like a 309 or Renault 11 with the glass took off the boot.

I do like cheap basic cars though, I like ZXs, Felicias and the other halfs Getz has a back to basics appeal to it.
1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Was parking the Coupe in a multistorey yesterday and I heard a V8 growling nearby. Looked around, and I saw some chap parking his Maserati Cambiocorsa 4200GT Coupe:

Not the prettiest thing Maserati ever produced, but these things are amazingly cheap nowadays - you can buy one of these 4.2 litre V8 monsters in full working order for under £10,000... and the engine is a Ferrari lump, producing 385 HP.

I mention this motor because it's the first Cambiocorsa I've ever seen in the flesh. There's a few richer folk in Aberdeen who have Maserati GranTurismos, but I'd never seen its predecessor.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

That Maserati, i quite like that it would be nice just to be able to afford a headlight for it. :lol:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Beautiful car them macerates I've seen and heard a few quattroportes go past, they sound superb even when just doodling round at car park speeds, that one you gave the picture of looks like an italian jaguar xk
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

scotty73 wrote:That Maserati, i quite like that it would be nice just to be able to afford a headlight for it. :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290738213791 :shock:

Looking on eBay for "Maserati breaking" comes up with some other parts (not headlights, but I know you were just using that as an example) that are much more reasonable.

Not under any illusions though - the sub-£10k purchase price would be closely rivalled by the costs for fuel, tax, and insurance :(
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

FarmerPug wrote:Beautiful car them macerates I've seen and heard a few quattroportes go past, they sound superb even when just doodling round at car park speeds, that one you gave the picture of looks like an italian jaguar xk
Are those two last letters after Jaguar a refferance to how people speak on facebook or via text?.... xx

Thats how it looked when i first read it, time to stay away from the pc and bin the phone i think so if anyone needs me my numberwebthingy is [email protected]/wtfamigoingonabout?

NURSE!!!!! :lol:

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

highlander wrote:
scotty73 wrote:That Maserati, i quite like that it would be nice just to be able to afford a headlight for it. :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290738213791 :shock:

Looking on eBay for "Maserati breaking" comes up with some other parts (not headlights, but I know you were just using that as an example) that are much more reasonable.

Not under any illusions though - the sub-£10k purchase price would be closely rivalled by the costs for fuel, tax, and insurance :(
Check the fifth pic on that ebay link, i think the poor guy drove through Liverpool :lol:

A bag of sand for a headlight?... Then if you can afford something like that you probably wont mind.

highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

scotty73 wrote:
FarmerPug wrote:looks like an italian jaguar xk
Are those two last letters after Jaguar a refferance to how people speak on facebook or via text?.... xx
Nope, he means the Jaguar XK:

Though I have to say, I actually prefer the looks of the previous-shape Jag XK: